Wow - now started to appreciate DAZ even more.

SoundLufsSoundLufs Posts: 67
edited December 2017 in The Commons

Just a small thank you story for DAZ, and the work guys and gals are doing with the studio (and specifically Iray).

So I felt adventurous, and decided I should give a hand to my wife, who is an architect, and does lots of interior design renders on 3ds MAX. Her stuff is Vray, but I figured I could rework the materials, use my Iray experience from Daz, the hardware, and get some nice results with the internal free 3ds Max iray engine (now obsolete).

Boy - was I naive!! I got around all the things I needed technically, and ran a few OK tests, but as you get deeper into the woods....I realized how spoiled I am by the consistent and gratifying results in DAZ Iray! Basically every feature feels easier to get by, giving you superior results in return.

I realize there is the new Iray+ plugin, which is more up to date with the engine we run in Daz - but considering the pricetag it has, it gets me even more enthusiastic about the whole DAZ experience. I am quite a shopaholic when it comes to the marketplace, so it is by no means a cheap hobby,  but if that what keeps the whole DAZ structure together, I am perfectly fine with that!

Thank you team, authors, users, and all the community here!

Post edited by SoundLufs on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2017

The Iray Server, which may be what you mean. is a stand-alone version of Iray for network rendering or to handle output from applications that don't have an integrated version of Iray. The version in DS is broadly the full, current version of Iray - though there do seem to be a few things not available.

Post edited by Chohole on