DS search engine lacking the ability to search folder names.

IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
edited December 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Why is it that when I type in the name of an item type, say "room", the DS search engine only reports back file names containing the word "room" (and actually it often misses files which do contain the word "room"), and DOES NOT report back product folder names with the word "room"?

Many PAs do not make their file names very explicit. How many pose files are called "Pose01" for example? Niether do they always include their own names in their product files. So, if I'm looking for a specific item which I recall was made by a PA called "Good_Modeller1", there is absolutely no point me searching for the item using his/her name or part of it as he/she, like most others, does not include their name in the file names.

This could all be solved by making the search engine report hits in folder names.

Any chance of this happening DAZ?

Before I get a swarm of people telling me to search through the DS content folder structure for the item, I'd like to say... NO. Doing that also requires a significant knowledge of the item, what figure it was made for, whether it is listed in this category or that category etc etc. That's why search engines exist... to do the searching for you.... quickly.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Comments

• I'm not 100% certain, but I thought that the search function inside DS was tied in with the database, and it was actually searching based on the metadata. If this is the case, your best option would be to use the search function in Windows Explorer instead.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

If you are running windows, i suggest you try "Everything" - https://www.voidtools.com/

Could not remember where something was recently and found it VERY quickly using Everything instead of relying on DS to search for me.