DYNAMIC TABLECLOTH -- how to use, please?

K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Recently got the Dynamic Tablecloth and installed it. Created a basic DAZ Studio scene with a Genesis figure and a couple other things in it. Then put in a tablecloth (path was Content Library --> DAZ Studio Formats --> My Library --> Dynamic Clothing Props --> Tablecloth). That's it. It was just a flat piece of stuff in the scene. Looked up 'Parameters' for the cloth but couldn't find anything which was supposed to make it drape itself upon things underneath. Searched the Content Library and all I could ever find was a 'Materials' option for the cloth. Searched the Web for some tute which might show me how to use the cloth. Maybe I overlooked something, but I really could find nothing.

Help, please, anyone? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Window>Panes(Tabs)>Dynamic Clothing.

Click the Collide With button and make sure the items you want the cloth to drape over are selected (and nothing else, to speed the process).

Make sure the tablecloth is selected and click the Drape button.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

You need to open the Dynamic Clothing Control by going to Window > Panes (Tabs) > Dynamic Clothing and open the Pane.

There you set what items you want the Table Cloth to collide with, place the cloth where you want it and Hit Drape.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

While the basic player has been part of DS for several versions, isn't the Dynamic Clothing Control Plugin still a separate purchase even for the Pro version?

edited December 1969

Yes icprncss thanks for adding that.

edited December 1969

Actually, I couldn't remember if it was or wasn't which was why I asked.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited July 2013

It worked! Thanks so much for the help, fellas!

Just a further question. Is there any way I can size up the cloth? I tried increasing its size to 200% before draping, but noticed that DAZ Studio promptly shrank it back to its original size while draping. (Well, I suppose instead I can always do the opposite and shrink the objects in the scene that I want my cloth to drape over...)

Also, is there any direction in which I can drape the cloth other than down? I was thinking it ought to look great if it could be made to drape things sideways, as when there's a very strong wind picking it up and blowing it against them.

Post edited by K T Ong on
  • ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

No, you can't resize it, but you can resize the items you're draping it over. If you need a sheet, though, you can get these:
    http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dynamic+sheet&x=0&y=0

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Resize the item you want it draped over, run your drape, freeze the simulation, parent the cloth to the other item, scale them both up together if need be. I did this recently for a restaurant scene where my tables were too big to drape the cloth, but needed them big enough afterwards to use with my Vickies and Mikes.

• EyekonographyEyekonography Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I also just purchased the Dynamic Tablecloth, and it says it has both round and square options. How do I get the square tablecloth? All I can find in my directory is the round one. Help?
    Thanks

• EyekonographyEyekonography Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I also just purchased the Dynamic Tablecloth, and it says it has both round and square options. How do I get the square tablecloth? All I can find in my directory is the round one. Help?
    Thanks

DIsregard, someone answered this for me.
    Cheers

edited December 1969

It might help others by putting up the solution. I take it the answer is in the Dynamic Clothing Control Panel??

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

I didn't even know there was a dynamic tablecloth in the store, been using this product for everything. Will have to pick this one up.
    http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-sheets

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    It might help others by putting up the solution. I take it the answer is in the Dynamic Clothing Control Panel??

Asked and answered over here and yes, on the DCC panel.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:
    No, you can't resize it, but you can resize the items you're draping it over. If you need a sheet, though, you can get these:
    http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dynamic+sheet&x=0&y=0

These are kicking up errors at the moment I've tried reinstalling them but still get the errors.
    Unfortunately several items of DS dynamics appear to have stopped working correctly.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Szark said:

Asked and answered over here and yes, on the DCC panel.thanks baldie.
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited May 2014

Szark said:
    You need to open the Dynamic Clothing Control by going to Window > Panes (Tabs) > Dynamic Clothing and open the Pane.

I realize suddenly that the selection is gone from my dropdown. It used to be there just a month back, then I believe I got a new version of daz and now it's gone :-/

Post edited by Hera on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Szark said:

I realize suddenly that the selection is gone from my dropdown. It used to be there just a month back, then I believe I got a new version of daz and now it's gone :-/

you need to reinstall the DCC every time you reinstall or upgrade DS

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Szark said:

you need to reinstall the DCC every time you reinstall or upgrade DS And how do I do that?

edited May 2014

Herakleia said:
    Herakleia said:
    Szark said:

you need to reinstall the DCC every time you reinstall or upgrade DS And how do I do that?

Download the Dynamic Cloth Control plugin from your product library. Check to make sure you have the proper version. There is one for different versions of DS and one for 32bit and one for 64bit. Once you have downloaded the version you need, install it as you normally would.

Post edited by icprncss on