Docking with Multi-Monitor Setups; Split Panes

randlemanprandlemanp Posts: 4

Demonstration of what I'm talking about (written info at bottom of page)

Demonstration of what I am unable to achieve 

In the main daz3d studio window

(as opposed to a secondary [created by undocking pane then making it undockable] type of window, one that you would say put on a second monitor and maximize)

I'm wondering if we can achieve the slpit pane type areas in a secondary daz window (reference image immediately above with the purple title bar) To see yourself, if you chose the layout 'City Limits' and expanded the right side properties-type (but split into two) pane group (one consisting of 'Aux View', 'Scene', 'Enviroment', the second lower consisting of 'Posing', 'Surfaces', etc.) you will see what I'm trying to achieve. 

Simply cannont produce the yellow bar in a secondary window similar to that of the one produced in the daz primary window. 

If this is not the case and not a feature, anyone have a better solution that autohotkey window positioning and killing of title bars to create a persistent state upon daz load? 

Thanks a ton!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• If I understand your question, you want a floating pane group that has two sub-groups? I don't believe that is supported - the floating group is a single entity. You could open a Technical Support ticket to make a feature request for that to be added, and if it is already possible support can tell you how.

• Confirmed that it isn't supported - you can still make a feature request of course. In the meantime if you line two undockable pane groups up you should be able to get a visual approximation of what you want, and it will be remembered between sessions like any other layout.

• Confirmed that it isn't supported - you can still make a feature request of course. In the meantime if you line two undockable pane groups up you should be able to get a visual approximation of what you want, and it will be remembered between sessions like any other layout.

I assume that you don't have to save the state? Like saving the layout is for switching between layouts but not saving the state, as it is auto loaded on start? Still be good to back it up, but multimonitor users experinece a glitch, and a utility 'persistent windows' was suggested. Are you a multi-monitor user?

• No, I have only a single monitor. I would save it, just to be safe, but it should be recalled between sessions too.

• Bit of a necro on this post, but has anyone found a solution to this? In Studio 4.11, I ran my main viewport on a 4k monitor, while my content, parameters, scene and various other panes were "floating" on a second 1080 monitor without any problems. Now, on a new PC with the same monitor set up, and Studio 4.12, it doesn't seem possible. The only real change other than the version of Studio, is going from Win7 to Win10.

I can simulate the same thing by making the floating panes undockable, but when I move them to the second monitor, the drop down menu text (File, Edit, etc) becomes utterly miniscule and unreadable.

Needless to say, this is a huge break in a working setup I've had since Studio 3.

Any insights would be generously accepted.

Cheers

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,833

A solution to what? The original post was asking for something that isn't supported, but it seems you were able to do what you are asking about.

• use the tab not the window

you are trying to put a window in a window which cant be done

you want to put a tab in a window