48 Hour Film Contest - Houston - Carrara Animation Entry "Highway Closure" Trailer

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
edited June 2018 in Carrara Discussion

Here is a trailer for our entry into the Houston 48 Hour Film contest, "Highway Closure".  We drew the genres "Mystery" and "Romance", both less than ideal ("Comedy", "SciFi", etc.)  But as they say, the show must go on.  The complete 4 minute video will be uploaded after the local theater screenings.

Post edited by Steve K on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

nice work SteveK good luck!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

great, makes me want more!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Thanks, guys.  A long weekend with little sleep, but overall a fun project.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Having now recovered from a 12 coffee pot weekend making the four minute animation for the contest, I just want to say how nice it is to render animations in Carrara.  I have used Poser in the past (and still do for Poser specific situations like ERC), and Lightwave a little, but for me, nothing compares to Carrara's animation features.  I realize that not many serious animators (I am a hobbyist) would consider Carrara, preferring the high end products which I'm sure have more advanced features, and are being supported, albeit at a price.  But for the rest of us, Carrara is certainly worth considering.  Some key items: Seamless suport for the vast number of Poser format products, from excellent modelers at very affordable prices.  (I have 205 GB of Poser format content, in addition to 22 GB of Carrara format content.)   The Non-Linear Animation (clips) makes character animation WAY easier than endless keyframing, especially given the availability of Poser format mocaps and the aniMate Importer for Carrara.  The Carrara sequencer with its wide range of keyframe style choices, tweeners, etc., etc.  The vast number of lighting features.  And, and, and ... okay, enough.   But the list goes on ...  Yes, I know DAZ is not supporting it, but for me, that is not very significant.  It works fine the way it is.