Transfer stand-alone character onto Genesis?

Here we take a character with another geometry, we need to create similar one on Genesis (any version, it doesn't really matter). Is it possible? You may say "Go to Zbrush and sculpt it from scratch" but this way it will never be a copy, handy work can never give 100% result. So I am looking for any automatic way. Does any plugin or program have a function to automatically morph Genesis by the example of another 3d-model?
I tried Facegen because we can upload a screenshot of a model instead of real photo. But this totally doesn't work, Facegen result has nothing common with the original.

1.png
1283 x 860 - 278K

Comments

• LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111

What you have shown is not even close to what I ask. There is only a video of creating a morph very amateurish way without any example of enother model.

Actualy I don't think you understood the topic.

• Answer is no. I'll use more words to explain since you didn't understand my answer.

Automated non-standard non-Genesis shape transfer into the Genesis ecosystem, no consideration for scale differences and file type differences and whatnot... good luck with that.
    I don't think there's automated systems for Dawn (or other lesser known figures) to Genesis.

For something nonstandard, it would be at least partly manual unless you have artificial intelligence to fix the gaps between what you have and where you want to go.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

you cannot wave a magic wand and do things, its all hard slog, moving one vertex at a time,

in Blender using a combination of proportional edit and shrinkwrap is one way.

posing your mesh and sizing as close as you can before export is useful too

There is anime character Star. First it was stand-alone, then came version for G3F. Either author resculpted it from scratch or some way exists.

I would guess she resculpted it from scratch but you can ask her

edited July 2018

and before you ask, I made a millenium dog clone for Dog 8 last week the way I described

its rough and not passable but I can fit garments made for mildog to D8 using it

likewise I made iClone Character creator clones for Genesis 3 male

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

If the main goal is to cut down on the bulk of the hand modelling, you might try rendering source images from the source model and running them through FaceGen Pro. Probably not perfect, but I can’t think of any other way that would be more “automatic”.

— Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:

and running them through FaceGen Pro. Probably not perfect, but I can’t think of any other way that would be more “automatic”.

— Walt Sterdan

I tried Facegen because we can upload a screenshot of a model instead of real photo. But this totally doesn't work, Facegen result has nothing common with the original.