Latina Face Morphs for Genesis 3 Female?

Are there any Latina female face morphs for Genesis 3 Female figures?

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

Nyarai is surely one. She's not specifically identified as Latina in the promo blurb, but she looks eerily like many of my Loisaida neighbors, so I'd say she's Latina. 

A number of Digital Touch's characters have a somewhat Latina look. 

Other possibles include Isae, Jaiyana, EJ Rubi, EJ Karisma (henna body-art suggests South Asian, but without it I think she could pass as Latina), MST Calli, and Brook.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2018

That covers such a wide range of faces.  Maybe a reference photo will help.

Some Latina flare:
    https://www.daz3d.com/cathy-hd-for-victoria-7

f you're looking for a dark-skinned Brazilian, then I'm way off.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

To say someone is "Latina" though can mean anything from pale white to african dark brown.

• RKane_1 said:

To say someone is "Latina" though can mean anything from pale white to african dark brown.

Yes and no.

People use the term Latino and Hispanic as if they were the same thing and they are not. Latino refers to someone whose country of origin was under Roman rule; such as Spain, Italy, etc. Hispanic refers to someone whose country of origin was under Spanish rule; such as Mexico, most of South America, etc.

What's interesting to note is that people from Spain are NOT Hispanic but Latino.

• NathNath Posts: 2,770
    RKane_1 said:

Yes and no.

People use the term Latino and Hispanic as if they were the same thing and they are not. Latino refers to someone whose country of origin was under Roman rule; such as Spain, Italy, etc. Hispanic refers to someone whose country of origin was under Spanish rule; such as Mexico, most of South America, etc.

What's interesting to note is that people from Spain are NOT Hispanic but Latino.

To Europeans this is the American racial/ethnic category that makes the least sense. This is the first time I've seen it actually specified, and it helps a bit. I never knew there was a distinction between the two terms. Of course, if 'under Roman rule' is applied for Latino, it should include most of Europe, the Near East and North Africa, so I'm guessing it should be narrowed to what Europeans would describe as 'Mediterranean', or it can still be anything from pale white to African dark brown.

• You might show images of what you mean. For instance, I'm very light-skinned and mistaken for Italian, so was my mom. My brother was darker complected. My grandmother darker still. Facial features vary because there is the influence of Indio, Spanish, even blacks and Chinese depending on ancestral origins. There are several morph sets at Daz that can help and then add the right skin tone. I did some morphs for older characters that can be used for Latinas based more on what my grandmother looked like in my product, Crone.

edited September 2018
    RKane_1 said:

Yes and no.

People use the term Latino and Hispanic as if they were the same thing and they are not.

You're talking about origins, which hardly makes any sense in today's culture. Colonization from other contries has mixed the races. There have been Latin people (from Italy and Greece) living in Brazil for centuries. So, it makes no difference to me how they're used.
    Dave230 said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yes and no.

People use the term Latino and Hispanic as if they were the same thing and they are not.

You're talking about origins, which hardly makes any sense in today's culture. Colonization from other contries has mixed the races. There have been Latin people (from Italy and Greece) living in Brazil for centuries. So, in effect, the term can be used either way.

And Brazil was never Spanish, so by the above definition Brazilians wouldn't be Hispanic.

edited September 2018
    Nath said:

And Brazil was never Spanish, so by the above definition Brazilians wouldn't be Hispanic.

Ok, but I never said Brazilians "were" hispanics. I'm not the one debating origins or who ruled over what. I'm saying I wouldn't care if someone else used it either way.
    edited September 2018
    OP has never responded, so I don't think they care either.
    Dave230 said:
    Nath said:

Ok, but I never said Brazilians "were" hispanics. I'm not the one debating origins or who ruled over what. I'm saying I wouldn't care if someone else used it either way.

True, you didn't. Anyway, I mostly got into this because I'm finding the categories so utterly baffling - looks like I'll just have to live with "mostly South-American and some of what Europeans would consider 'Mediterranean'..." and remain as confused as I was.

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,095
    edited September 2018

I'm sorry for any confusion, but I thought there would be Hispanic face morphs like there would be African face morphs, without realizing that a Hispanic look actually applies to skin tone.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
    edited October 2018
    JonSea31 said:

I'm sorry for any confusion, but I thought there would be Hispanic face morphs like there would be African face morphs, without realizing that a Hispanic look actually applies to skin tone.

Well, it more than skin tone and skin tone varies greatly. A lot of people confuse the terms Latina/Latino and the word Hispanic,  (See above)

Darker complexions from Spain itself are attributed to lineage of the Moors, Muslims who travelled abroad from the Holy Land. The Spanish occupation by the Moors began in 711 AD when an African army, under their leader Tariq ibn-Ziyad, crossed the Strait of Gibraltar from northern Africa and invaded the Iberian peninsula 'Andalus' (Spain under the Visigoths).

Since the Spanish came to settle the "New World", there has been significant intermingling of native American features and skin tones and then the slave trade opened up even more racial diversity of the racial characteristics. 

In a search for the word "Latina" The following images came up which shows a great deal of diversity... :)

Amazingly beautiful women, all, of course. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited October 2018

Sorry, I think I just "Whitesplained" something. :) My sincere apologies for all those who already knew this.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,095
    edited October 2018

Well, since we're on the topic of Hispanic females, I am wondering if there is a dark Hispanic skin I could purchase for Genesis 3 Female, like in the image on the middle of the top row of images of such females posted two posts back?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited October 2018
    JonSea31 said:

Well, since we're on the topic of Hispanic females, I am wondering if there is a dark Hispanic skin I could purchase for Genesis 3 Female, like in the image on the middle of the top row of images of such females posted two posts back?

I like this one personally - https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-chandra-hd-for-victoria-7

additional G3F characters I have:

https://www.daz3d.com/amandla-for-teen-josie-7

https://www.daz3d.com/amaya-for-the-girl-7

https://www.daz3d.com/fw-brianna-hd-for-genesis-3-female

https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-rahele-hd-for-olympia-7

https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-safa-hd-for-victoria-7

If you need darker skin, check out Monique 7 and addon character for her.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

I sort of had something like this in mind ...

• I'm very late to the party but was looking for possibilities for Hispanic and Latina characters - suggestions above really helpful - thanks.

I have one to add :  https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-beauties-for-genesis-8-female-s