More Powerful Search Options?

So, I don't know if anyone else would want this, and I know it would be a pain, initially, to the extent that data labels / tags would have to be added for all the infor that aren't there yet, and I don't know which ones those are.  But it'd be really, really useful, particularly when there's a sale category like this, with over 6000 items in it. 

It'd also be helpful when you need anything particular for a particular job, or when you see a promo image with no notes about the hair or outfit or prop that's in it, and you have to go searching for it.

Everything below here is just chatter about the reasons I think it would be worth it - it's totally skippable.

I'm not sure I have the right names in all these type categories - I'm back after some time away, and frankly, it's pretty confusing to me, all the Genesis 2, 3, 8, Victoria, Michael, Whoever, then the newer more realistic charatcers(?) like Floyd or Mable, then there are characters for those characters? Like Percy or Blanche? Then sometimes HD is included, and sometimes it's not, and... it's crazy. It'd be cool if there were tiers or something. A tier 1 figure (Genesis 8), tier 2 (Mable) tier 3 (Blanche) Are their tier 4? 5?

Anyway. When you drill down to 3D models > People > Genesis 8 People > Female there are still 790 items to sort through.  Oddly,  when you use the pull-down to select "Genesis 8 Female" it redices it to 787. So, these are working on two different sets of data labels or tags? And three items are labeled G8F in one but not in the other?

I know if you're an established customer and know a lot of background information - like, tier 1 characters are almost always going to be "DAZ Originals" - then you can use more parameters to narrow things more, but, even then - drill down as above, select "DAZ Originals" and you're at 215.  Choose "Contemporary" under genre, and there are only 8 items - none of them the core tier 1 characters I'd expect. :( 

Lastly, I understand the motivation to use artificial scarcity / urgency marketing and I don't begrudge DAZ using it if it works for them and the PAs, but once a customer gets used to it, it kind of sets up a situation where they're just not going to buy anything unless it's a) from a favorite vendor, b) absolutely critical for a job on a deadline, or c) at a huge steep discount, right?  So I'd think better search and filter options would help buyers find more of the things that are on sale that they want. Like the example in the image - Who knows how many of those I'd by just because they're like 80% off or something - but there's no way I have enough time to sift through 6400 items to find out.

Anyway.  If the data tagging is too huge a project, it could possibly be crowd-sourced a bit.  If enough of the community thought it was a good idea, you could set a form to be visible to certain member accounts under each item page where they could tick off or on different labels, add labels, etc.

more powerful DAZ search.jpg
1149 x 762 - 516K