Whistling Death Warplane Chance Vought F4U Corsair

andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
edited October 2018 in Product Suggestions

WOAW! First of all THANK YOU DarkEdgeDesign - for this beauty! Simply love it - and I am 100% shure it will sell well.

Just a small proposition - TO SELL IT EVEN BETTER: 

TEXTURES for the Whistling Death Warplane - Please!

Marine Corps combat

Royal Navy

Royal New Zealand Air Force

Aéronavale (French Navy)

Honduran Air Force

There where even 4 captured Japanese and one German plane!

Afficher l’image source
Afficher l’image source
Afficher l’image source

Afficher l’image source

Post edited by andreretogasser on

Comments

• TouristTourist Posts: 106

The Corsair is a nice effort but it has several issues.

The most obvious ones are:

- When viewed in profile the engine cowling should tapper down towards the propeller.

- Also in profile, the spine of the aircraft should bulge outwards and not be concave as it is on this model.

- She windshield frame should be perfectly flush with the fuselage.

- This Corsair also has an identity problem, it is not really a F4U-1A or F4U-1D or even a F4U-4.

It borrows from all these variants in odd ways.

There are other errors but these are the most noticeable ones in my opinion.

I don't know if I'll purchase it but I appreciate seeing more WWII aircraft models.

• Replicating such known machines is probably always a risk. Therefore probably the choice of the title: Whistling Death Warplane 

As a passionate fan of old planes, I can understand your comments - @Tourist - As a user who would like to see more aircraft, I advise against discouraging the artists with too much criticism! ;-)

Tourist said:

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Replicating such known machines is probably always a risk. Therefore probably the choice of the title: Whistling Death Warplane 

As a passionate fan of old planes, I can understand your comments - @Tourist - As a user who would like to see more aircraft, I advise against discouraging the artists with too much criticism! ;-)

Tourist said:

Here, here. I want to commend DarkEdgeDesign for a WONDERFUL new WWII era plane and I would happily buy a texture pack that andreretogasser recommends. Kudos! :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Replicating such known machines is probably always a risk. Therefore probably the choice of the title: Whistling Death Warplane 

Tourist said:

I don't see it a risk as much as just not reproducing it faithfully due to time, lack of resources, etc since most in this community won't notice. I come from years of design in the flightsim community and they are a tough crowd when it comes to realistic reproductions in their models.

• DarkEdgeDesignDarkEdgeDesign Posts: 488
    edited October 2018

My intent was to provide content for old warbird enthusiasts. If Whistling Death satisfies you, then I'm happy that you're happy...spin the Landing Gear dial all day in gleeful joy! 

I do 3D as a fun hobby, maybe once I retire my quality will "sharpen up" for our hardcore enthusiasts. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

Post edited by DarkEdgeDesign on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

No worries. Just don't want to discourage a great artist at their craft. Criticism is always beneficial but can be discouraging if not accompanied by acknowledgement of the good with the bad.

I think it is a fine plane, though.

Tourist, you seem to know your stuff, If you were to make a few morphs here and there to fix the issues you spot and post it at says ShareCG, I am sure all would appreciate it.

Nice chatting with you. :)

• TouristTourist Posts: 106
    edited October 2018
    I haven't replied because I work 9hr days in RL. My intent was to provide content for old warbird enthusiasts. If Whistling Death satisfies you, then I'm happy that you're happy...spin the Landing Gear dial all day in gleeful joy! 
    I do 3D as a fun hobby, maybe once I retire my quality will "sharpen up" for our hardcore enthusiasts. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. *posted from my phone*

Hi DarkEdgeDesign, nice to see you took my comments as intended.

I hope to see more WWII aircraft in the future, if you are interested I can provide factory drawings, period manuals, photos etc...

Moderator edit :-So quote is accurate

Post edited by Chohole on
  • "Tout est bien qui finit bien" = Everything is good, which ends well. Thanks to everyone involved in the chat!

Since dreams are allowed, dear artists: I would like to see a DAZ3d B-26 - ... one day    ;-)