[Commercial] Lost and Found - Swordworks for M4 - Released in Store!

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited October 2013 in Carrara Discussion

During the time that I was heavily overworked in stone masonry overtime, I lost all of my files for a product I was working on. I thought that I had nearly completed it. Well after running it through rigorous tests, I was very nearly finished! :)

Hopefully coming soon... dB Animation Kit - Swordworks for M4 - Video Commercial

Comes with NLA, aniBlock, and PZ2's of 11 animated pose files, PZ2 and NLA of 5 still poses. Two of the animations in each file type are in a separate "Paired" folder. "A" is for one character, "B" is for another - and they lock their swords.

This kit is made for getting the camera in and taking some fast paced action shots. They may not be accurate towards and sort of real sword fighting tactics (in fact I know that they are NOT! lol) - as they are simply made to get your character into the action!

Swordworks_M4b.png
788 x 1024 - 648K
Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can't wait to see it Dart! Carrarans are action figures in disguise and are always in need of a good sword! :)

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

I can't wait to see it Dart!

DITTO!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Glad they loved it! You'll have to show me a demo reel when we get together at the end of the month!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

onya Dart :) can't keep a good stonemanson down eh? :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Well looky there...
    It's been released to the masses today!
    dB Animation Kit - Swordworks for M4

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

congratulations, looks like a wonderful product Dart :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

The good news first.

The files that can, do indeed work in Daz Studio.
    Rendering some mushrooms right now so can't double check but I think all the poser files also worked just fine in D/S.

The sad news ... sniff ... well the good news first ...
    Dodo did find the Carrara files ... and ... clicking on the animation files produced what reminded me of images the children in school would draw who knew not how to draw. You know, the white polar bear in a snowstorm. Nice grey screen. Did finally notice this tiny little icon button and clicking on brought a screen of images [think it's called a storyboard] And ? way back to the screen with M4 in it. No side panels, etc.

Nothing would animate ... clicked every Carrara pose and yes M4 was selected, then his hip was selected ... the only pose he held was the one applied via the D/S 'n Poser files.
    I'm sure these must work ... but I was left wondering "how"? [can you tell I haven't animated anything in Carrara yet?] [previous release 8Pro, not the most recent update]

okay ... I'll go read the manual one of these days.

Very nice, thank you for the product :-)

edited October 2013

Carrara uses Poser files too.
    But the Carrara NLA files are different. Those you drag from the browser into the Clips tab (far right bottom in Carrara)
    Now, with the sequencer open instead of the browser, drag the NLA Clip of your choice into where it says "Track", just under M4 or whatever character in the sequencer tray.

This is great, because you may now change the timing by shrinking or expanding the clip.

Also, for adding more clips to the same character, simply right-click in the track and select New NLA Track, and create more if you need them. I do this all the time for adding blinking eyes and such.

Hope this helps...

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Thank You, Patience! Haven't seen you around for a while... very good to see you!
    edited December 1969

Carrara uses Poser files too.
    But the Carrara NLA files are different. Those you drag from the browser into the Clips tab (far right bottom in Carrara)
    Now, with the sequencer open instead of the browser, drag the NLA Clip of your choice into where it says "Track", just under M4 or whatever character in the sequencer tray.

This is great, because you may now change the timing by shrinking or expanding the clip.

Also, for adding more clips to the same character, simply right-click in the track and select New NLA Track, and create more if you need them. I do this all the time for adding blinking eyes and such.

Hope this helps...

Clips Tab ... okay I will look for that next trip in ;-)

Thanks for the tips.

edited December 1969

Thank You, Patience! Haven't seen you around for a while... very good to see you!

Thanks. Have been lurking some ... working on tutorials ... and a little bit of RL too ;-)

Looking forward to making a swashbuckling swordsman ... might be fantasy but there are a couple of the poses which are genuine looking enough for serious action too.

And I would like to mention "just in case" there are any [IMHO] nerds out there planning on filming themselves as using swords or any form of blade action against another, NEVER film the action as 'to cut'. It's filmed "backwards". Blade still on the target, "action" is drawing it up and away. Play safe. Can reverse the action in the video editor. Pays to watch some of the extras on those movie DVDs ;-)

edited December 1969

It works! It works! :-)

edited December 1969

Thanks. Have been lurking some ... working on tutorials ... and a little bit of RL too ;-)

Looking forward to making a swashbuckling swordsman ... might be fantasy but there are a couple of the poses which are genuine looking enough for serious action too.

And I would like to mention "just in case" there are any [IMHO] nerds out there planning on filming themselves as using swords or any form of blade action against another, NEVER film the action as 'to cut'. It's filmed "backwards". Blade still on the target, "action" is drawing it up and away. Play safe. Can reverse the action in the video editor. Pays to watch some of the extras on those movie DVDs ;-) That is very good to know... even though I have no plans on doing this myself.
    I enjoy watching the special features too. It's amazing - some of that stuff. The extended edition Lord of the Rings set came with hour of special features for each of the three films - which is really fun to soak in.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool stuff Dart! :D

edited December 1969

Thank you, Holly