Looking for Dinosaur skeletons

I tried searching the site, but I can only seem to find actual living dinos.  Can someone link me to dinosaur skeletons I can buy (Trex, raptor, so forth).  I found some for free on other sites but they are only "OBJ" and have no moving bits.  So, while I can use them as static images in the museum I am rendering, I really need skeletons that can be posed and such (it's a necromancer attacking the museum in my comic).  So, any links to actual Daz 3D dino skeletons?

Comments

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited November 2018
    Content paradise has t-rex (https://www.contentparadise.com/productdetailsV2.aspx?id=590) stegosaurus (https://www.contentparadise.com/productdetailsV2.aspx?id=571), and skele cat (https://www.contentparadise.com/ProductDetails?id=7127) However, the site is closing by Dec 03 2018. Hopefully these models will be transferred to Renderosity along with other Smith Micro products.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Just a polite heads up.  The T-Rex skeleton linked (which comes with the later versions of Poser) is woefully inaccurate.  The mesh includes a breastbone (sternum) which most therapods did not possess.

Sincerely,

Bill

• is rather ironic since most fossils are skeletons the 3D world has chosen to largely go for living rigged prehistoric creatures cheeky

edited November 2018
    There are a few dragon skeletons available in the daz3d store. Maybe you could try hiding unnecesary bones and wings and parenting dinosaur skulls, frills, claws, horns and plates in the right places
    edited November 2018
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
    edited November 2018

There are quite a few on Turbosquid.  They're quite expensive but... high quality.  Some are rigged, others are not. 

Post edited by Robinson on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

I hope customers appreciate how cheap Daz items are. ;)

But yeah, agreed.

Though I've never tried it I imagine rigging a skeleton is pretty easy.  No fussy weight maps for skinning to worry about.

• Robinson said:

Though I've never tried it I imagine rigging a skeleton is pretty easy.  No fussy weight maps for skinning to worry about.

Well, if you make these, your only real competition would be outrageously expensive TurboSquid ones.  So, if you put them here at usual Daz prices, you'd make a killing off the residuals over the years.  (And right off the bat I would buy them too)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Robinson said:

Well, if you make these, your only real competition would be outrageously expensive TurboSquid ones.  So, if you put them here at usual Daz prices, you'd make a killing off the residuals over the years.  (And right off the bat I would buy them too)

You mean the market value prices at TS and the very low ones here at DAZ? Users that only shop in this community think the prices are the norm, they are only the norm for the Daz/Poser community.

I'd be interested in some quality dino skeletons sold here at DAZ also. I'd like to see it more detailed with an included carnage pack with partially eaten carcasses. I know about the Gore Pack for Tyrannosaurus Rex 2, but it is very limiting and to specific for his TRex.

I guess the only thing to do would be to somehow persuade the content creators at TS to publish for Daz too.  That would be a tough sell.  I'm not sure the Daz market for these models is going to be all that big.  I mean the opporunity cost of modelling and rigging the figures compared to doing almost anything else (human figures, clothing, environments) for Daz.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Robinson said:

I guess the only thing to do would be to somehow persuade the content creators at TS to publish for Daz too.  That would be a tough sell.  I'm not sure the Daz market for these models is going to be all that big.  I mean the opporunity cost of modelling and rigging the figures compared to doing almost anything else (human figures, clothing, environments) for Daz.

The DAZ market is very small compared to the bigger 3d market. There are a few vendors that sell at rendo that also sell their work at TS and CGTrader. Makes me wonder which is more profitable for them. The key to more models and better prices at DAZ is growth. The more users we have using DS, the bigger the oppurtunities for PAs to profit from their hard work.

here is a start to the OP' request though https://www.daz3d.com/dinosaur-exhibition-gallery

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958
    edited December 2018

I'm always amused when there's a thread requesting something and BAM!

I snatched up that exhibition gallery immediately. Going to see if the skeleton fits the actual t rex... probably not, but here's hoping.

Edit: Yeah, doesn't fit the t rex. Still, lots of fun. ;)

Post edited by Oso3D on
    edited December 2018

Thank you, Deepsea! I'm grabbing this set ASAP.

Edit: Then again, maybe not. Looks great, but I don't think my computer can handle it. Oh well.

• DeepseaDeepsea Posts: 119

You'll need a robust computer if you want to render the environment with all Dinosaurs Sculpture Props. If you can use the Environment, just the Trex Skeleton character or some furniture you don't need the best Nvidia graphic card.

I create all may product with a core i7-2600K. 16GB Ram and an Nvidia 1080TI