Space Suit

I was wondering if Yura could make a version of the Space Suit Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s).

The one for the Female(s) is perfect.

Comments

• I'm with you except that the space suit needs lights built into it.. A helmet light is good because then you can see the characters faces inside the helmet.. It would also be nice to see some emissive lights on the chest pieces and backpack... then it will be "perfect".. but yeah.. Need a male Astronaut.

• Is there any way to contact an artist to make a suggestion like this?

• Is there any way to contact an artist to make a suggestion like this?

Not really, no - if they are active on the forum you could try PMing them, but if they are active on the forum they have probably seen this thread.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

I'm with you except that the space suit needs lights built into it.. A helmet light is good because then you can see the characters faces inside the helmet..

Only from a fictional, cinematic aspect.  Seriously, try driving at night with the interior lights of your vehicle switched on.  One's vision is severely restricted!  Seems that practice may have started with "Alien" (at least, that's the earliest example I can recall) because the actors wanted their faces seen.  It has since become an annoying trope (read: cliche).

As you have guessed, it's a "pet peeve" of mine.

Sincerely,

Bill

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

I'd like to see Predatron make a version of their Spacesuit for DAZ Dog 8 for human figures. There's something about the look of it that I just like better than any of the other spacesuits I've seen in the store.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2018

Have to agree that lights should be optional emissive textures. We've got way too many spacesuits and even diving suits where lights are placed all over the body in the most impractical of locations!

For diving, that's something you absolutely should not want: A helmet or forearm-mounted light, able to be toggled on and off? Sure. But otherwise, it's an obvious attraction for marine predators! For environmental suits, it would just be seen as a waste of battery power.

So, one or two lights the user can toggle on/off and be specifically directed at what they're looking at, but nothing else.

And, uh... Certain suits where the female versions have patterns or, even worse, lights (singular or as rings), for no other reason than to bring visual attention over the breasts... There are at least two or three in the store which do that and lost out on a sale to me, specifically because of that reason. I just can't use them outside of comedy purposes.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Rascal3DRascal3D Posts: 288

I'd like to see Predatron make a version of their Spacesuit for DAZ Dog 8 for human figures. There's something about the look of it that I just like better than any of the other spacesuits I've seen in the store.

I completely missed this "Spacesuit for DAZ Dog 8".  It's wonderful!  Good job, Predatron!