Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Ah, the jacket is from the Aiko 3 version of the "Tail Gunner" set.

https://www.daz3d.com/tail-gunner-a3

But the shoulder pads are from a "retired" product at Renderosity, "Stellar Knights" by BugzLife.

By simply applying the same material settings, the pads look they were made for the jacket.  I used a similar trick for the footwear, combining elements from the Tail Gunner "kicker" boots and  those from "Stellar Knights".

Sincerely,

Bill

• Redfern said:

Ah, the jacket is from the Aiko 3 version of the "Tail Gunner" set.

https://www.daz3d.com/tail-gunner-a3

But the shoulder pads are from a "retired" product at Renderosity, "Stellar Knights" by BugzLife.

By simply applying the same material settings, the pads look they were made for the jacket.  I used a similar trick for the footwear, combining elements from the Tail Gunner "kicker" boots and  those from "Stellar Knights".

Sincerely,

Bill

"Tail" gunner is right. devil

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited February 2019

One Punch Man

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
    edited February 2019

Skateboard Chick

Aiko 3 Kioki

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    3dcgx said:

Skateboard Chick

Aiko 3 Kioki

Very Cute!! <3

• 3dcgx said:

Skateboard Chick

Aiko 3 Kioki

Very Cute!! <3

Thanks
  • Prepare for trouble...

Both character are Aiko 3 kioki

rendered in Carrara

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I guess some artists love Aiko/Hiro3 the way I love Genesis 1.

• GreycatGreycat Posts: 332

I’m a fan of the art of Masamune Shirow. This is my attempt to recreate the general look of his characters using Genesis.

Manga Shirow.jpg
    978 x 1682 - 128K
  • Ghost in the shell and Appleseed's are from Masamune Shirow would love to see your works based on those.
    edited February 2019

Deunan Knute (using A3, of course) and Briareos (Michael 4) from Shirow Masamune's "Appleseed".  Almost all the clothing and prop elements are by Royloo, inclusing Briareos' distinctive cyborg helmet.

Sincerely,

Bill

AppleSeed-J-2.jpg
    500 x 800 - 38K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • Excellent I recognize most of the props good job man!

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,344

Indeed - good job!  Masamune Shirow's work is certainly some of my favourite work from the anime/manga genre. (There's certainly ideas that have bled into one of the projects I'm working on, even if I'm not using a traditional anime style for it).

One of the things I would love to come across is a decent model of a "Landmate" style mini-mecha (with the pilot/slave arms and such), particularly in the more lo-tech style from the 2014 Alpha film. (I know it's less iconic than the Guges, but I liked it - it felt right for an older design, and a model like that could be very useful for a lot of near/dystopian future sci-fi art).

Not that anyone has asked, but when using Aiko 3, I have a "default' .CR2 loaded with the "Mila" face morph by Thorne & Sarsa which I've tweaked a bit with various dials from Beth Capsces' "Kioki".  That mixture gives A3 a somewhat more realistic nose and fuller lips.  For my Alita renders, I used T&S' earlier product "Sylphie" for its slightly more stylized, triangular features.  Like most of their character sets, Sylphie" had the full, pouty lips befitting the Panzer Kunst master of Scrap Iron City.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Indeed - good job!  Masamune Shirow's work is certainly some of my favourite work from the anime/manga genre. (There's certainly ideas that have bled into one of the projects I'm working on, even if I'm not using a traditional anime style for it).

One of the things I would love to come across is a decent model of a "Landmate" style mini-mecha (with the pilot/slave arms and such), particularly in the more lo-tech style from the 2014 Alpha film. (I know it's less iconic than the Guges, but I liked it - it felt right for an older design, and a model like that could be very useful for a lot of near/dystopian future sci-fi art).

This Landmate you speak about looks similar to the armor by Shukky called EM-EAA http://www.sharecg.com/v/37823/gallery/11/Poser/Shukkys-EM-EAA with a few mods you can put together something awesome, I will put a render together with it for you to see this weekend.  Use Aiko or Belbel for it.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,024
    edited February 2019

Just noticed this thread as well! No fanart, just original characters (playing with styles basically). I'll add the links to the gallery, since I tend to add all the products I've used there (in case it's useful for anyone):

Oblivious Tresure Hunters | Gallery Link

Achieved parenting Chip's heads to G3 bodies morphed with Toon Generations 2 Essentials for Genesis 3.

Cyber Fairy | Gallery Link

Achieved through the mix of several morphs, includying "Cartoonized for G8" but transferred to G3.

The Escape | Gallery Link

Achieved through a mix of morphs which include: Toon Generations, Sakura 8 and Cartoonized.

Sakura's Companion | Gallery Link

Aoshi. A character created by transferring Sakura's morphs to G3M and doing a lot of tweaking in order to create a male companion that would "fit" with Sakura in terms of style.You can find his character preset here.

A Date after a Mission | Gallery Link

Sojiro. A character created by transferring Sakura's morphs to G8M and doing a lot of tweaking in order to create another male companion that would "fit" with Sakura in terms of style (and which involved having less products to make him work). You can find his character preset here.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Very colorful definately an eye catch, thanks for sharing ^.^

edited February 2019

Or even "Melody" given she uses the same body geometry as A3. wink

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
  • There is also Cyco who uses the same geometry almost by Shukky.

And B-Co, Shukky's free "gynoid" robot, thankfully still available.

Sincerely,

Bill

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    Redfern said:

Deunan Knute (using A3, of course) and Briareos (Michael 4) from Shirow Masamune's "Appleseed".  Almost all the clothing and prop elements are by Royloo, inclusing Briareos' distinctive cyborg helmet.

Sincerely,

Bill

Love it.  Where can I get that helmit?

Years and years ago when Royloo had a personal site where he offered freebies, now, alas, gone the way of the Dodo.

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:

Years and years ago when Royloo had a personal site where he offered freebies, now, alas, gone the way of the Dodo.

Sincerely,

Bill

Damn.

Royloo still has an active catalog of products at a cetain Poser site for Addicts. (Nudge, nudge)  You might try contacting him there.

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:

Royloo still has an active catalog of products at a cetain Poser site for Addicts. (Nudge, nudge)  You might try contacting him there.

Sincerely,

Bill

wink

I have a question about that armor Royloo overs for free.  Is that from a game?  Looks very Wolfenstein-like  to me.  I played the old games, but none of the new ones.

edited February 2019

My characters BALMAL and KESSIE

for my motion anime picture coming soon.

"Deprived"

Characters Aiko 3 Kioki and Aiko Guy

• Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Reall, I don't know where this idea that we shoot people for mentioning other sites in response to queries comes from. Bullets are much too expensvie to waste on such trivial matters.

Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Reall, I don't know where this idea that we shoot people for mentioning other sites in response to queries comes from. Bullets are much too expensvie to waste on such trivial matters.

My understanding is that you can mention other sites in response to an inquiy, but not unsolicited.

• There also the waybackmachine try it sometimes.