Combination Actions?

marblemarble Posts: 7,482
edited December 2018 in Product Suggestions

Is there a way to create combinations of actions and assign that combination to a hot key or, preferably, a menu or toolbar action? I'm thinking along the lines of selecting a dForce cloth, clearing the simulation for that selected cloth or freezing that simulation and also turning off the visibility in any further simulation.

Perhaps I haven't chosen a good example but the gist is that I would like to combine several functions into one clickable toolbar action.

Post edited by marble on

Comments

• There isn't a way to record a macro or action, but you can use scripts to trigger actions and by using a script to trigger two or more ctions and making that a custom action itself, with a keyboard shortcut (right-click in WIndow>Workspace>Customise) you could have one command multi-actions. Rob has a sample script showing how to trigger an action here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#actions

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited December 2018

There isn't a way to record a macro or action, but you can use scripts to trigger actions and by using a script to trigger two or more ctions and making that a custom action itself, with a keyboard shortcut (right-click in WIndow>Workspace>Customise) you could have one command multi-actions. Rob has a sample script showing how to trigger an action here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#actions

Thanks Richard, I was afraid that might be the only way. I spent a career in computers and managed to avoid programming for the most part. I think that the learning curve to get to the point where I could write DAZ scripts, even with examples to work from, might be too much for me - especially just for a simple task like this. Hopefully someone with the skills will come up with a script someday.

Post edited by marble on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Maybe post some requests over in the Daz Script Developers Forum? Someone might be inspired to create some freebie scripts? :)

Hi

I don't really belong here because I don't script but I came up with a request which, I'm told, can only be done by writing a script so I was directed to this forum in the hope that someone might fancy the task. Here's the request, copied from the original post elsewhere but what would be ideal is for the user to be able to choose which actions to combine or to record a sequence of actions.

Is there a way to create combinations of actions and assign that combination to a hot key or, preferably, a menu or toolbar action? I'm thinking along the lines of selecting a dForce cloth, clearing the simulation for that selected cloth or freezing that simulation and also turning off the visibility in any further simulation.

Perhaps I haven't chosen a good example but the gist is that I would like to combine several functions into one clickable toolbar action.

JonnyRay said:

Maybe post some requests over in the Daz Script Developers Forum? Someone might be inspired to create some freebie scripts? :)

Thanks, I've posted my request at your suggestion so I hope they are gentle with me over there.

• JonnyRay said:

The Script Developer Forum is intended for people who are actually writing scripts, rather than for requests - those could go to Product Suggestions, but for now I've merged the threads. marble you can edit your first post to move this to Product Suggestions if you like.

JonnyRay said:

The Script Developer Forum is intended for people who are actually writing scripts, rather than for requests - those could go to Product Suggestions, but for now I've merged the threads. marble you can edit your first post to move this to Product Suggestions if you like.

OK - will do.