Steampunk space ship

Hello!

I am working on a project and I came across this product: https://www.daz3d.com/aftermath-the-admiral

Doesn anyone know from where is the space ship? Can't find on daz3d.com nether on renderosity.com. If you know something about the product, please let me know. 

Thank you,

Amy

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

There are a surprising number of products at Renderosity that are similar, but none that are, as far as I can see, an exact match. For example, winnston1984's "Elfen Skyship" is similar in conception, and Cybertenko and JeffersonAF have models of the same general kind. The real motherlode is 1971s, who has a slew of flying ships -- take a look at the "Smuggler's Airship" for example. It's possible that the artist took a few of 1971s's models and kit-bashed them together, merging the hull from one with the gasbag from another, and the vanes and sails from another, then linked them together with custom-made rigging.The depth-of-field blurring would help conceal any seams or mismatches.

Possible, but not certain. I feel almost sure I've seen that exact model before but, like you, I can't place it. Still, if you can't find it, you could do worse than look at some of 1971's models. And if you feel like going dieselpunk instead of steampunk, London224's "Rusted Space Tug" might go nicely with a gasbag from somewhere else. There's also the Floating Junk right here at DAZ, for a kind of retro-SF look.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

For anyone still following this thread, today's new release, the Steampunk Hot Air Balloon, might be of interest.

• Thank you all so much!!! <3

• sdobsonsdobson Posts: 18
    edited February 2021

If anyone is watching, it looks a bit like 1971's Merchant Airship over at rendo. But some of the details are different, e.g., there is a sandbag on the port side that is not on the model by 1971's. 

Post edited by sdobson on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

bytescapes said:

Possible, but not certain. I feel almost sure I've seen that exact model before but, like you, I can't place it.

I think I've seen it too. I recall it being Very similar to the elfen skyship in concept. I think it also had some kind of auxiliary craft. (The one with the Skyship looks too modern or Sci-Fi for my taste). I also recall some kind of telescope. Specifically, I remember an inset picture of some kind of furnace that may have looked like a frowny face.