[solved] Windows XP compatible?

riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
edited October 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Does the latest version of Carrara work on WIN XP?

Post edited by riccopt on

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

The 'What's included features state':

New in Carrara 8.5 ◦Support for: ◦Windows Vista, 7 and 8
    ◦Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8

It doesn't say anything about windows XP.

• riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know it doesn't say anything about XP... but maybe they left it out even if it works because it will have some problems running on XP...

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

riccopt said:
    I know it doesn't say anything about XP... but maybe they left it out even if it works because it will have some problems running on XP...

Welp, 8.1 worked with XP or so I have read.

If you don't have 8.1 you can download it for a 30 day trial at the URL below for 30 days and give it a spin.

http://download.cnet.com/Carrara-8-Pro/3000-6677_4-10782148.html

Have no ideas when the sales for Carrara 8.5 will end, so that may be a limiting factor if you are worried about buying 8.5 on a budget.

edited December 1969

riccopt said:

Welp, 8.1 worked with XP or so I have read.

If you don't have 8.1 you can download it for a 30 day trial at the URL below for 30 days and give it a spin.

http://download.cnet.com/Carrara-8-Pro/3000-6677_4-10782148.html

Have no ideas when the sales for Carrara 8.5 will end, so that may be a limiting factor if you are worried about buying 8.5 on a budget.that is exactly what I am looking for... to get it for a really good price (which I can get it now with the coupon I got for last week's PC Power Up + Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle for free)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

One thing you have to remember with 8.5 is that you will have to install the version which describes itse.f as 8.5, and not the version that says 8.5 pro (Assumimg you buy the pro version)

Using the pro serial number will unlock the pro compnoentss, but the version that is labelled 8.5 pro is 64bit, so XP won't run that.

THe version which says 8.5 in your download is the 32bit version. As I said, if you pay for a Pro serial it will work to turn the 32bit version into the pro version.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    One thing you have to remember with 8.5 is that you will have to install the version which describes itse.f as 8.5, and not the version that says 8.5 pro (Assumimg you buy the pro version)

Using the pro serial number will unlock the pro compnoentss, but the version that is labelled 8.5 pro is 64bit, so XP won't run that.

THe version which says 8.5 in your download is the 32bit version. As I said, if you pay for a Pro serial it will work to turn the 32bit version into the pro version.

yes I am looking for the PRO version... as long as it will work on my XP...
    will the DAZ figures work on carrara too?

edited December 1969

another question (might be a stupid one)
    do I have to add Michel 5 to the cart in order to be allowed to buy it along with Carrara, or does it come along on the moment I buy carrara??

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915
    edited December 1969

No you don't need to add it to cart. It is packaged with Carrara and you get it automatically

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

riccopt said:
    chohole said:

I am a total newbie to Carrara, and have never used DS, but I have managed to get Daz figures into 8.5. Haven't done much with them, but did get them in there.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    riccopt said:
    chohole said:

I am a total newbie to Carrara, and have never used DS, but I have managed to get Daz figures into 8.5. Haven't done much with them, but did get them in there.

Carrara 8.5 bought... lets see how I will get along with it...
    thanks for the replies... and this topic can be closed....

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915
    edited December 1969

Just add solved to the title. We don't close topics just in case there are others who want to add something to the conversation or have the same question