Products on DAZ store: not specified if for Iray/3DL?

Sup guys!

Lately I've been looking for a pre-made scene on the Daz store and something caught my attention. Some products have specified like "Optimized for Iray only". Some other products have "Material presets both for Iray and 3DL", but some products have no information at all. How do I tell if the scene will work OK in 3DL if there is no info? I think there should be a "contact author" button in DAZ store, or at least DAZ should force content makers to specify wheter their products are designed for IRAY or 3DL.

Seriously, in the past week I was ready to buy 3-4 scenes but resigned, because the products I was interested in had no info whether they're for 3DL or Iray :(

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Basically if Iray is not mentioned on product page or promo images then you can assume that "DS materials" means 3DL.

Iray was introduced relatively recently in DS history (with DS 4.8). Until then there was zero need to specify if DS materials were for 3DL or Iray since there was only 3DL, so product pages for items released before DS 4.8 won't mention the type of DS materials included.

As for contacting the vendors; part of the agreement they have with Daz is that Daz handles customer support, so if you want info on a product you should open a support ticket (or ask in the forums).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

For the most part most products work fine in Iray. You might have to tweak and shaders a bit, so I never worry about it

• Leana said:

Basically if Iray is not mentioned on product page or promo images then you can assume that "DS materials" means 3DL.

Iray was introduced relatively recently in DS history (with DS 4.8). Until then there was zero need to specify if DS materials were for 3DL or Iray since there was only 3DL, so product pages for items released before DS 4.8 won't mention the type of DS materials included.

As for contacting the vendors; part of the agreement they have with Daz is that Daz handles customer support, so if you want info on a product you should open a support ticket (or ask in the forums).

Thanks, that was the info I was looking for :)

For the most part most products work fine in Iray. You might have to tweak and shaders a bit, so I never worry about it