Morph manager?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I would love to have a better morph management utility for genesis and gen 2 morphs.

So many packages load so much that I don't need and extra morphs kill my load time.

For example, if I download a cleavage fixer, I really don't want to fill my runtime with morphs for characters I don't own.

Would love to have a utility to mange the extra morphs so my load time doesn't become unbearable loading surplus content that I don't need. I realize there are some file interdependencies... But in some cases you can simply remove a morph and not effect other packages. (for example a figure that loads with a dozen head variations, and you really don't want more than one or two).

Comments

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited November 2013

That could be a really great add-on :)

Post edited by sioc on
  • ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited January 2014

I would love to have a better morph management utility for genesis and gen 2 morphs.

So many packages load so much that I don't need and extra morphs kill my load time.

For example, if I download a cleavage fixer, I really don't want to fill my runtime with morphs for characters I don't own.

Would love to have a utility to mange the extra morphs so my load time doesn't become unbearable loading surplus content that I don't need. I realize there are some file interdependencies... But in some cases you can simply remove a morph and not effect other packages. (for example a figure that loads with a dozen head variations, and you really don't want more than one or two).

My thoughts *exactly*! I like what I've seen in DAZ 4 in general but the handling of morphs is a step backward IMO.

My issue is the needless clutter all the extra morphs create in the UI. When I load any character I know what morphs I want. If I'm trying to customize a character and tweaking the morphs, DAZ4 makes me look at a UI filled with morphs I don't want to use. If I'm making a elven warrior I don't need to have the Ribbits morphs and the rest cluttering things up.

Plus, in DAZ3 I could just load a morph INJ and that let me organize my content so the morph INJ in the same folder with the materials that went with it. Two clicks, and bang - the morphed and textured character is loaded. Simple.

In DAZ 4 I have to do a Search for the morph in the character UI (which is the *only* thing that makes it functional at all, it would be horrible if we had to always scroll around to find the morphs) and then I need to go my content library to get to the mats. Why make needless extra steps?

(And the solution is not to go through and click hide property on the dozens and dozens of morphs I don't want to see every time I load a character. Or is there some trick I can do moving files in the Morph folder?)

Also I really, really hate those morph picture icons. They take up yet more space on the UI and seem so pointless. I can remember what morph is by the name without a silly little picture. (Or is there an option to turn them off?)

Please bring back the clean DAZ 3 UI for morphs at least, just show dials and let me load the ones I want.

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I've been wanting something like this for a long time. The problem is, you can't inject into Triax figures.

• Look at http://nsware.de/ Daz3D Manager Tool

-Configurate your Pathes in the Config.ini

-Open The Programm...open Tab (Morph-Manager)

• p0rtp0rt Posts: 217

download the zip for a manual install, and delete all the files your don't need before your install anything