Side Renders in Honor of Misty the Awesome One - May the 4th Be with You

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited March 2019 in Carrara Discussion

May the 4th be with You

In honor of Misty the Awsome One's little side gigs, lets have a little random fun.  Choose 4 items from the fourth page of your product list and show us a render.  

Deadline: May the 4th.  

Prizes?  OK - one person will get a Daz gift card.

Enter as many times as you want.

Rules?   Yeah, some rules.  Enforcement is a different matter.  Might not be any enforcement.

First rule:  Your render must include at least four items.

Second rule:  Choose the minimum four items from the fourth page of your product list.  (they must all appear on the same page - see note about enforcement).

- Product list?  Yeah, find a list of your products and choose four items from page 4.

- one way you could get a list is use your Daz account by going to the 4th page of your account product list (can sort by date or name, ascending or descending).

- or, you can create your own product list as long as you can divide it into pages.  For example, you could cut and paste from DIM into a Word file and got to page 4.

- or, maybe you have a product list elsewhere, such as at Rendo.  Use that.  Or merge your Rendo and Daz and... lists and then choose the four from page four. 

- sort or filter your list any way you want. Alphabetical?  Date purchased?  Product ID number?  Price?  Whatever.

- what if you don't have four pages of items?  Well, choose four items from the 1st page.  Do the best you can..

- FILTERING - note, if you have a DIM list, there are lots of categories to filter by.  

Third Rule: Your render and the names of the four items from the fourth page must be posted to this thread between now and May the 4th.

Fourth Rule:  Use some Carrara.  You can render in Octane if you want, or model in Hexagon, or do postwork in whatever, or...., but use Carrara somehow.

Fifth Rule:  The stuff could be from anywhere. Freebies!  You could choose 4 items from the fourth page of stuff currently on the ShareCG site, filtered any way you want. 

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2019

Example - Here is a partial screenshot of the 4th page of my Daz account product list sorted by name.  You can change ascending or descending.  You can chnage the sort to date, ascending or descending.  Or, make your own list with DIm or anything else you want.  

In this example, I could choose any 4 items from that list, which is my page 4.

- I could choose (1) Actual hair for genesis, (2) Adirondeck Furniture, (3) Adult Hatchling Dragon, and (4) Addison Hair for Carrara 

- Or, I could choose any other four, a long as they all appear on page 4.

- Enter as many times as you want.  You can use the same list, or your can change the list, or you can change how the list is sorted.

Add as much or as little other stuff as you want, either purchased, freebie, or made yourself.

Just have fun.

example of product list.JPG
    1370 x 823 - 160K
    edited March 2019

If you don't want to use your account product pages, there are several ways to use DIM to get a list, and even sort.

*** To get a text list from DIM, go to the installed tab, select the ones you want (could be all), right click on the top line of the product page, and choose Export to CSV File.

You can then take the text list and put it in a Word, Excel, or similar file.  You can combine it with other lists, such as your Rendo account.

**** You can get a variety of selection options by right clicking on the product line.  Don't have to select first.

dim example b.jpg
    1101 x 388 - 154K
    edited March 2019

If you don't want to use your account product pages, there are several ways to use DIM to get a list, and even sort.

*** To get a text list from DIM, go to the installed tab, select the ones you want (could be all), right click on the top line of the product page, and choose Export to CSV File.

You can then take the text list and put it in a Word, Excel, or similar file.  You can combine it with other lists, such as your Rendo account.

Note - when you right click on the top line of the product list, you can choose items "tagged" for a particular program, such as carrara, hexagon, bryce, etc.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 442

Putting up my page four before I forget. I would like to see what I can end up creating here.

Screenshot (1).png
    275 x 839 - 82K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited March 2019

Variations on page 4, decisions, decisions .......

May 4th 1.png
    1481 x 987 - 229K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited March 2019

Farm Boy

Charger Horse

Timeless Male Hair for Genesis

Heritage House

Genesis Starter Kit (Shirt modified)

Tractor F9N

- Updated render

FarmBoy 1.png
    2400 x 1500 - 5M
    FarmBoy 2.png
    2400 x 1500 - 5M
    edited March 2019

Animals on the loose

Jaguars by AM

Chimp

DAZ Squirrel

Zoo: Rhinolicious

3x3 Funcat

Animals Funcat.png
    2400 x 1800 - 4M
    edited March 2019

Girls watching Platypus

Platypus by AM

Dream Hair

Gia 6 Starter Bundle

Teen Josie 6 Starter Bundle

Girls Platypus 1 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    edited March 2019

Double Trouble

Adriana Hair for Genesis 2 & 3 Females & Victoria 4

Adult Hatchling Dragon

Adventure Girl 2

African Elephant

- Updated render

DoubleTrouble 1 Topaz 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    DoubleTrouble 1b Topaz FotoSketch 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M

Wow, way to start us off, Bunyip!  When I first saw the buggy (with animals), I thought it was one of Stezza's wacky racer models.  Squirrel needs a seatbelt.  Farmboy better learn to use the force if he wants to see the galaxy, otherwise he will be on that tractor a long time.  Platypus better make sure the girl's aren't watching to find lunch!  Elephant and Hatchling dragon can costar in a series of buddy-cop movies.

edited March 2019

Wow, way to start us off, Bunyip!  When I first saw the buggy (with animals), I thought it was one of Stezza's wacky racer models.  Squirrel needs a seatbelt.  Farmboy better learn to use the force if he wants to see the galaxy, otherwise he will be on that tractor a long time.  Platypus better make sure the girl's aren't watching to find lunch!  Elephant and Hatchling dragon can costar in a series of buddy-cop movies.

Thanks, was going to do a few other renders today, but accepted the challenge of this "Side Renders"

One more from me, this one took a bit of time as I first of used World Gardens Byoda In but the combination of items sllloooowwwwed down the computer real bad so I changed the scenery.

Wristbreaker vs Wyvern

Wyvern 2.0

Wyatt Hair for Genesis 2 Male

Wukong Outfit for Genesis 2 Male

Wristbreakers

- Updated lighting

Wyvern 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Wyvern 1b.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

nt page 4 in the ad - af

sirted desc  in the wo - wi

if i filter on aiko, only 2 pages 

Wow you got busy Bunyip02. Still loading content on a new machine, but hope to finish in time to jump in here and create.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

he's a busy busy bunyip for sure

I think I'll do page 4 of my Hivewire3d collection smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Very cool idea, Mr. Diomede! I Love It!

wscottart said:

Wow you got busy Bunyip02. Still loading content on a new machine, but hope to finish in time to jump in here and create.

Was working all day and night on them. Hope you get time to join in !

edited March 2019

Checked out page 4 variations of my Renderosity account.

Warp speed action

Starship Bridge 4 (for Poser)

RMBase V3

Moloch for M4

Bijin Cheongsam

Xena for V3

- Update, fixed some minor poke through

Bridge 4 action scene.png
    2400 x 1800 - 2M
    Bridge 4 action scene b.png
    2400 x 1800 - 3M
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

4 the magik? smiley

what if i rendered a chapter phooph from chapter 4 of my novel?

edited March 2019
    Mystarra said:

4 the magik? smiley

what if i rendered a chapter phooph from chapter 4 of my novel?

There may be rules in the "May the 4th be With You" side gig, but there is no enforcement.  laugh

Just have fun.  Lets see something inspired by Chapter 4.

Here is something from page 4 of my Daz account.

Actual Hair for Genesis

Adrea Hair for Carrara by PhilW

Ad Gladio for M4

Adal for the Sighni dress for G2F

A Damsel daring FF Entry.jpg
    1600 x 1969 - 988K
    edited March 2019

A bit hard to divide my TurboSquid items into 4 pages so I took a selection

Mr Beep at home

rmhdktmako_modified

palm trees 1_mod

Blooming Chestnut Cst_800 - TurboSquid

Vinca_minor

roses_and_vase_mod

Lavender plant

Fern_vegetable

Cartoon Dog D

Mr Beep

TSquid May 4th 1.png
    2400 x 1252 - 5M

For me step 3: Print my list and browse to see what may emerge in my mind and hopefully make it out on canvas. Still loading content to my new  machine, takes a while with a dsl line at home.

edited March 2019
    Mystarra said:

@wscottart - new machine?  excellent

@Bunyip - more awesomeness.  You' are on a roll.

For this, I sorted my list from Z to A, so page 4 had a whole bunch of items beginning with V and W.

Vladimir for M4

Victorian House

Vintage Sleds

Walrus

Because when Vlad has trouble changing to a bat, he has a walrus pull him around n a sled.

Vlad Victorian House Walrus Vintage Sled Entry.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 221K

Thanks Diomede, it's good exercise wrapping the brain around the contents to figure out a scene.

Love the Walrus render !!!

Hope most of my content has dl'd today. Get a nice long weekend so I hope I get to play.

wscottart said:

Hope most of my content has dl'd today. Get a nice long weekend so I hope I get to play.

Good news !

edited March 2019
    wscottart said:

Good news !

+1

Come on in, the water is fine.

I have been having serious creative blockage recently.  Thought something random might help me break out of it.

Some more random 4 things.  This time, I typed "ps" into the DIM search box, and sorted by item number low to high.  The result was overhelmingly older content designed for Poser.  I deleted pose sets.  Here are the 4 that I picked and the file folders where DIM places the content.

Smuggler's Camp on the Desert Planet

Desert Storm Vehicle - 
    runtime libraries character desert storm
    runtime libraries pose dsv
    runtime textures s studio textures

Skull Cove Props - 
    runtime libraries props 3duniverse skullcove
    runtime textures 3duniverse skullcove

Traveler Props pack
    runtime libraries props traveler props
    runtime textures daz props ahtraveler

STJ Raptor Ps
    runtime libraries character stj 
    runtime librarie pose stj poses
    runtime textures s studio stj text

Desert Storm Vehicle Entry.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 415K
    edited March 2019
    wscottart said:

Here is how I used DIM.

1)  Openig DIM and typing PS in the search box for installed items, then riht click poduct line and export as CSV file, then CSV dialogue box

Page 4 after deleting items with the word "Pose" in the title.

aa01 dim settings.JPG
    727 x 636 - 83K
    aa02 page 4.JPG
    1288 x 1020 - 146K
    edited April 2019

Well most of my page 4 was shaders for Iray, but I adapted. Instead of scatter pro I used carraras surface replicator for the wildflowers 6. Instead of Iray storm I used Carrara's fog. Instead of using the entire Winterblack which uses Iray I just pulled the stairs out. In this scene we see some aliens studying the eclipse and solstice of some sort.

Still downloading content, takes forever on a dsl line. Over 400 files left. Those of course were ordered by size so they are the 400 largest files. Still  managed to  play and knock out this experiment today.

page4.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 229K
    Post edited by wscottart on
    edited April 2019
    wscottart said:

Well most of my page 4 was shaders for Iray, but I adapted. Instead of scatter pro I used carraras surface replicator for the wildflowers 6. Instead of Iray storm I used Carrara's fog. Instead of using the entire Winterblack which uses Iray I just pulled the stairs out. In this scene we see some aliens studying the eclipse and solstice of some sort.

Still downloading content, takes forever on a dsl line. Over 400 files left. Those of course were ordered by size so they are the 400 largest files. Still  managed to  play and knock out this experiment today.

Looking great !! (wscottart render - posted bigger image, will be removed when voting starts)