why does all my bought content not show up in carrara 8.5 pro browser anymore

DaveDave Posts: 178
edited November 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Recently bought my self a new pc for mainly 3d rendering and have been moving my 3d content and programs off my laptop that Ive used for the last year or so. I installed carrara 8.5 pro and then installed all the content I had bought , when i look in the broweser nothing in anything! (actually there was one section with a few leaves in) .As i had not yet deleted anything off the laptop I copied the contents of the carrara folder in to the contents on the new pc. On opening up carrara this time carraras own stuff was there but still none of the bought stuff. I can go to the carrara program files and find the scenes no problem and they will open up and work just fine , I just dont see why they dont show up in the browser.
I was wondering if something is missing as poser had a similar problem ,but it did tell me I need Adobe flash player , that was not installed and installing Adobe flash player fixed that.
Not sure if the pc specs would be relevant but here they are anyway
windows 7 professional 64 bit core i7 4700k @4.5GHZ 32 GB RAM geforce Titan 6GB and 4TB sata 3 HDD

Post edited by Dave on

Comments

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969
  • DaveDave Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

Thanks that looks helpful soon as my renders finished i will give it a try .

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

The Carrara Native content is installed to the program file. When you copied it over to your HD, it copied as well. That's why it showed up. The file path remained unchanged.

The Content browser (which is where Poser style runtimes show up) references the location of the runtimes. When they are move you break the file path and need to add them to the browser again.-
    t the far right side of the Content Browser is a round black icon. Click it and some options show up, such as a Add Runtime and Auto Detect Runtime. If you want control over which runtime appears first in the list, then manually add them. If it doesn't matter, use the Auto Detect Runtimes option.

I don't have C8.5 so I can't help with Smart Content, but I would assume that if you were to click the icon, you'd get Smart Content options. But then again I can't say. ;-)

• DaveDave Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

ive got it to work now it wasnt the poser content that was the problem it was the carrara content that I had bought that wasnt there putting it all in a folder called carara purchases and pointing to that and it was all ok , though why copying the contents of my old carrara installation (carrara stuff only not poser) could be seen Ive no idea, only thing I did different when I first bought and installed carrara I just played around with the stuff that came with it then added stuff later , this time i installed carrara then my bought stuff then opended carrara maybe it didnt like it done that way