improviments for exporting textures

ok, while daz 3d is a "mother" when comes to "export morphs and others important things and is really awesome and on top, when comes to "export textures" it's the most lazy and weak shut in, cuz it's normally only allow you to export " the base texture/diffuse and in some cases like hairs the alpha/opacity", all others basic maps, like rougness, metalic, ambient occlusion, bump, or any other map it's not exported, to be clear i do know which not every 3d model here have all that maps, but most of then have more than just diffuse and opacity but when you export it to fbx it only carry that 2(in most cases carry only the diffuse), then you need to look for the missing maps manually, what can be very annoying since even clicking in the panel will throw you in the wrong place(like showing me the "material/duf folder, then i need to start to search from that to find where really are the textures).

Some artists even give you the psd file for you work yourself on the layers but again it's so hard to find where they are with the current version of daz 3d.

while some others programs like real illusion CC3 and even adobe Fuse, have options for you to choose what sort of maps you want to export(they give a option for you to choose what the program you are going to work, like export for unreal, export for unity and bla bla bla, then when exporting the textures it will give you exactly what you where looking for, not just the most basic texture which is what is happening in daz 3d.

would be really cool if they could improve how the textures are worked and exported, because while for just "rendering", you don't need to worry about it, for "game design it's almost mandatory to have multiple textures",  textures like normal/bump, are almost obligatory to have if you really want to work in game and have to go to the trouble of search for them because the program was "too simple" to export it, is really annoying.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The Surface pane will give the location of all the texture images.

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    jestmart said:

The Surface pane will give the location of all the texture images.

well at last for me it don't worked so well normally it send me to a place where is the "icon located" then i need to look around until i can find where really are the textures, another problem is which some products does come with the psd for layers and again is really hard to find where it is, could be a little more easy if they improve how that things could be found.