Realistic Modern Flightsuits?

Before i get dogpiled with replies consisting of links to Billy-T's M4 Aircrew set, and links to the female version over at Renderocity, i just want to say: I know about them, and as nice as they are, they're not good enough.

And i also know about other flight suits in this marketplace. And they're just not great...There's no really good, realistic/practical options for both Male and Female models. There's slim pickings for Males, and the female ones are laughable..they range from "cosplay vinyl catsuit with toy-like haloween-store accessories", to "Sci-Fi fighter pilot bikini"

What i'm looking for is something like equipment currently used by U.S. Military Aviators.. Nomex flight suit, G-Suit, Survival vest, Flotation device, Oxygen mask, Helmet, Gloves, Boots, Sidearm, etc

I've been searching for close to 2 weeks, and there's just nothing out there, of really good quality, with all the right "accessories". It really kills me that this stuff doesn't exist..it also confuses me to no end, because there are so many wonderful things out there, made by so many really talented people, i figured this stuff would already be out there.

Is there anyone else out there looking for this stuff? Is there a market for this sort of thing?

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    edited April 2019

I use the M4 Aircrew set, converted to IRAY.  I don't understand why that isn't good enough.  The promo pictures don't really so it justice, I will say that.  I can post renders of you want.  As for females, I haven't seen the Rendo version.  There is nothing really good out there for women other then skimpweear.

Just checked out the V4 version.  I'll be getting that one too eventually (when I lift my buying restrictions).  It should covert to G8F nicefly like the M4 one did for G8M.  Again, the promo pictures don't do it justice.  Unfortunantly, those are your best choices unless someone does updated ones.  The only other thing out there are dummy pilots done by Chris Schell.  The dummies are made for his products though. 

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • numberyellownumberyellow Posts: 4
    edited April 2019
    tkdrobert said:

I use the M4 Aircrew set, converted to IRAY.  I don't understand why that isn't good enough.  The promo pictures don't really so it justice, I will say that.  I can post renders of you want.  As for females, I haven't seen the Rendo version.  There is nothing really good out there for women other then skimpweear.

Just checked out the V4 version.  I'll be getting that one too eventually (when I lift my buying restrictions).  It should covert to G8F nicefly like the M4 one did for G8M.  Again, the promo pictures don't do it justice.  Unfortunantly, those are your best choices unless someone does updated ones.  The only other thing out there are dummy pilots done by Chris Schell.  The dummies are made for his products though. 

The Air Crew set is missing important parts, like the G-Suit, and Survival Vest. These things are important if you want your pilots to look authentic. As far as i know, the Blue Angels are the only guys who go up in fighter jets, without G-Suits, so to have something like that missing, just screws up the realism. Most people looking at a render aren't going to know it's wrong...but i know it is, and it bothers me.

Post edited by numberyellow on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I've been trying to get someone to make a realistic one for years. One frontline PA was going to, back in the Genesis era, but other obligations came up.

• I've been trying to get someone to make a realistic one for years. One frontline PA was going to, back in the Genesis era, but other obligations came up.

Perhaps, one of us will be successful one of these days.. Personally, i'd soil my shorts if someone like, say, Herschel Hoffmeyer did a modern male/female flight suit with all the trimmings.. I'd gladly pay 30-40 bucks for that kind of quality.

As it is now, one MIGHT be able to cobble something together, that looks close to correct/near future from parts out of several different costume sets.....but one would hafta spend a pretty stupid amount of money to do it.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

I've been trying to get someone to make a realistic one for years. One frontline PA was going to, back in the Genesis era, but other obligations came up.

Perhaps, one of us will be successful one of these days.. Personally, i'd soil my shorts if someone like, say, Herschel Hoffmeyer did a modern male/female flight suit with all the trimmings.. I'd gladly pay 30-40 bucks for that kind of quality.

As it is now, one MIGHT be able to cobble something together, that looks close to correct/near future from parts out of several different costume sets.....but one would hafta spend a pretty stupid amount of money to do it.

Yeah, kit-bashing is my answer to a lot of issues related to products not being available.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I combined elements to make this for a futuristic civilian pilot:

https://www.deviantart.com/sentinalysis/art/Character-Concepts-Civilian-Pilot-791391746

Herschel's new military suit will be getting add-ons for realistic space-based options and such.

• I combined elements to make this for a futuristic civilian pilot:

https://www.deviantart.com/sentinalysis/art/Character-Concepts-Civilian-Pilot-791391746

Herschel's new military suit will be getting add-ons for realistic space-based options and such.

Which is all well and good, but again, you'd hafta spend a bunch of money to get anything that looked half-way decent, and it STILL wouldn't be right.

As to the ATLAS suit, while it's good, and might be able to serve as a basis for a kitbash, it's still not a proper modern flight suit.

I'm starting to think we're never going to get one....which is really kinda sad.

• I confess that I have given up the hope of finding certain things here...... and a decent flightsuit is part of those things. But sometimes I am pleasantly surprised -  my most especial thanks to the artists who recently brought us a parachute Luthbellina and usable ground handling props for the Bf 109 Predatron!

Many thanks to all the artists here who share their work with us!