Skin Overlay Merchant Resource for genesis 3 and 8

EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
edited April 2019 in Product Suggestions

[Skin Overlay Merchant Resource for genesis 3 and 8,] a product like this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/skin-overlay-merchant-resource-bundle

or maybe like this

https://www.daz3d.com/build-a-babe-skin-texture-merchant-resource

but with also version for males too also for both genesis 3 & 8

and if possible in bundle forms (one for genesis 3 with both male and female and one for genesis 8)

that could be fore sure a win win for peoples going for game developing like me, for character customization is important to have details like eyesbrows, anatom elements, makeup, lipstick, eyelines and all these things being apart from the main skin to be added in the engine as a way to customização., would be really awesome see more merchant resources on that way to sell "more tools" to geme developers.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,220
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

the problem at last what the creator told me which this is not a merchant resource, you don't have acess to the "psd" files any change is direct applied to the texture skin, this make the product not good for character customization.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The texture images will be in a standard image format that can be opened and layered in any good paint program.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Ellessarr said:

the problem at last what the creator told me which this is not a merchant resource, you don't have acess to the "psd" files any change is direct applied to the texture skin, this make the product not good for character customization.

On the contrary, it is great for character customization within the workings of DS. Your use (game use) is outside that of the main purpose of most products in the MP. It is designed to help new PAs create commercial characters for sale for use inside DS and for personal editting of existing characters used inside of DS.

Ellessarr said:

On the contrary, it is great for character customization within the workings of DS. Your use (game use) is outside that of the main purpose of most products in the MP. It is designed to help new PAs create commercial characters for sale for use inside DS and for personal editting of existing characters used inside of DS.

be clear when i talked was about 'game desing" not using inside DS, that is why i was talking about "merchant resources" which are normally to be used outside DS and in this case i was talking about game design, for game design is much more important to have "all break in layers to proper work in customization game design side, from a game design point of view the best way could be to have the "clear base texure of all desired collors(one for each) then have each detail being applied as a "opacity mask" to de added in the skin by the player, the developer only would need to add all needed mask (eyebrows, tanlines, eyelines lipstick, make up, moles and others things) to a blue printe where the player will choose what mask to add to the characters.

Basically do what you are doing inside the DS but outside, making the player have the same options as if him was using the DS addon but inside the game, this is why merchant resources are more important, otherwise you gonna need to have 99999999999999999999999999999999999999 skin textures, one for each details and many with combinations of that details, which could be very demanding.

This also could help in case of small teams like 1 to max of 5 peoples, indie developers which need to cut down many work as possible to focus more where they want or need, cases like mine which i'm working in a duo with a friend having all the "character customization already done and just needed being added to the game could cut like even "years of work" and let's us focus on things which could matter more like coding and vfx and others things.

Again i'm not saying which the program is bad or something like that it's just while it's perfect for work inside DS it's not the best to work outside it and for game developing, you could still need to do some work which a merchant resource could cut for you.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

You can't use Zev0's Skin Builder products for the manner you're describing anyways. Their MR agreement states they're only to be used to create characters which are based on the figure they're designed for. You would not legally be able to use these in game content creation. You would need to seek special permission from him to do as you're wanting. You'd be better off taking the time with something like Substance Painter utlizing their skin materials in the available Source downloads. Maybe even Designer as well and create a material with options that will randomize a mask that you can use for the details you were describing.

Pixolygon said:

You can't use Zev0's Skin Builder products for the manner you're describing anyways. Their MR agreement states they're only to be used to create characters which are based on the figure they're designed for. You would not legally be able to use these in game content creation. You would need to seek special permission from him to do as you're wanting. You'd be better off taking the time with something like Substance Painter utlizing their skin materials in the available Source downloads. Maybe even Designer as well and create a material with options that will randomize a mask that you can use for the details you were describing.

yeah he told me which they don't work for that he told which his most close product for what i want could be this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/skin-overlay-merchant-resource-bundle

but it's only for genesis, genesis 2 female M4V4M5V5 which is pretty useless for me, because i'm working on base gensis 8 and maybe genesis 3, then i would need a version for then to proper work.