four arms humanoids a good challenge for monstes artists

how about a "four arms race like the goro and shiva race in mortal kombat???, would be interesting to see a 4 arms race for genesis 8 with both male and female

somethig like that:

would be really awesome see something like that.

Comments

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

Make that 6 arms, I mean, how else are we going to render a martian? cheeky

• edited May 2019

I think this would be a great figure to add for G8. There was one here many moons ago for genesis. RawArt made the creature from John Carter for it. If anyone does decide to make one (which they should) they should support it with clothing ,poses, and such ,maybe a Pro Bundle. I would buy it

Post edited by cradzinski_3dd03228a0 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

I've thought about doing this off and on; four arms for Genesis is awesome and I'm sad people nowadays don't have access to it.

The problem is that it's an INCREDIBLE amount of work, and I'm not sure there's a market big enough to make it worthwhile even if you manage it.

For example, consider you'd have to make a bunch of very deep morphs so that the arms looked 'right' for a bunch of different figures, builds. You then have to try to make a look that's consistent with things like bodybuilder/fitness morphs, trying to recreate the look of the regular arms (there's no way to have the extra arms just sort of 'mirror' the other arms, at least not that I know of).

Then you have to add in jcms that are standard with regular arms, so that all the finger movements look right.

Every time I think of this, I fall back on the 'add a cloned figure and fake it like with centaurs'.

I'd love another PA to be foolish enough to do this anyway. Maybe some day I'll be that fool...

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

I think this would be a great figure to add for G8. There was one here many moons ago for genesis. RawArt made the creature from John Carter for it. If anyone does decide to make one (which they should) they should support it with clothing ,poses, and such ,maybe a Pro Bundle. I would buy it

yeah me too, i would really buy a pro or mega o ultimate bundle with a 4 arms figure, having a male and female, some cloths, morphs, hairs, figures, poses and others things

• edited May 2019
    Oso3D said:

The problem is that it's an INCREDIBLE amount of work, and I'm not sure there's a market big enough to make it worthwhile even if you manage it.

"not a big enough market to make it worthwhile"

Anytime i hear this being said with certain suggestions i just say to myself, screw it then i'll just rip it or find a ripped model of it and do the work in blender.  A while back and made a request about wanting realistic military uniforms instead of the madeup stuff you see on the stores.  Between pointless bickering on the definition of the word "realistic" and some people mentioning that there wouldnt be a big enough demand for it i just said screw it i'll find a ripped model from an FPS game.  The thing about my request though with the military uniforms is that you have sites like facepunch that rips from games like Call of Duty or Battlefield and it seems like a good portion of that site is nothing but military/tactical ripped stuff.  Actually i should be saying "tacticool" because thats what people are looking for.  Not some amateur artists wet dream of what they think a soldier should look like.  Maybe people should make outfits that look like the real thing and see what the demand is for that? instead of putting a model in a tank top, jeans and slapping some combat boots on him and some funky ring and shoulder harness and saying "here's a soldier outfit for you".

So yah anyways i think that rather than making this request it might be better or faster to just ask for people to rip the models from MK11 or one of the previous games.  I know that Goro is in the new game.  I dont know much about the MK games before MKX like if the models are even rippable.  You probably wont even have to ask for people to rip the MK11 models because its already being done.  But standard disclaimer for ripping stuff is make sure that if you do it that you dont try to resell the model or maybe even any work done with their models.  Even if no money is involved there is a chance that any work you make with ripped models might get a takedown notice. 

Post edited by unused account - glossedsfm on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    Oso3D said:

I've thought about doing this off and on; four arms for Genesis is awesome and I'm sad people nowadays don't have access to it.

For example, consider you'd have to make a bunch of very deep morphs so that the arms looked 'right' for a bunch of different figures, builds. You then have to try to make a look that's consistent with things like bodybuilder/fitness morphs, trying to recreate the look of the regular arms (there's no way to have the extra arms just sort of 'mirror' the other arms, at least not that I know of).

Then you have to add in jcms that are standard with regular arms, so that all the finger movements look right.

Every time I think of this, I fall back on the 'add a cloned figure and fake it like with centaurs'.

I'd love another PA to be foolish enough to do this anyway. Maybe some day I'll be that fool...

Gawd another one!

they keep all their really old products in the store and cull the cool ones

I honestly wonder if it’s a deliberate ploy

Glossed: Honestly, you should consider the 'take two bodies and overlap them'; the results can be pretty cool, and with creativity you can get dforce to work well for it.

ANOTHER thought I've had is presenting a system to manage body overlaps like this. Debating how viable it is.

I mean, here's G2M experiment I did a while back, before dForce, and even bare skinned it looks tolerable.

Same figure with clothes. Sure, again, not PERFECT, but... not bad, I think.

And you have the advantage of easily having the same textures, matching morphs, etc.

edited May 2019

wow, lol, i also somehow hate that "demaning" word, it makes looks like peoples are not interested in try to make new things and go for the easy route which the "copy" what already exist in market, this is why i love peoples like rawart, which are at last trying to make some different things, i really do love some of his humanoid models, but some of them looks like not really good for game develop which make me feel sad over it, because i really love creative peoples which try to go for something "different".

One of my favorite bougths without any doubt where the "centaurs from G3" and i would love to see a g8 version aswell of them it could be really cool but again aways the same problem "demanding and we ending getting few "different things and only many of the same.

while i understand from a "commercial point of view you still need make money and pay your debts leading to try to focus on make what the market demand because it's guaranted money in the end, it's still sad because it limit the artist creative imagination because sometimes he really want do something new but due to fear of "no returns" somehow is forced to "play safe"

But i still trust on some artists here and could be cool see someone get interested and give a chance even if the chance of not getting the return you where wishing for, at last he tried and while he could not make the "big money" for sure he still can get "some".

anyway i would really love to see a big product for tha with both gender, some cloths, hairs, character pre-made, skins and some morphs and poses.

(also if possible being very "game develop friendly too).

for a fantasy scenario could be really awesome

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • Ellessar, it's a whole lot more complicated than that approach 'look' from the consumer side of things. All PA's here are driven by sales and creating things that inspire them and feel they can bring something of value to the market. Artists do not think, "what already exists that sells well?... hmm let's make more of that stuff." Absolutely not. Some artists are a lot more dependent on sales than others depending on their living situations and income. Selling artists short because they don't seem to make more original content is missing the point of why they do what they do. Every artist should be respected because they're the ones creating and producing things, even if they don't make things you like.

Another important thing you may be missing is every PA has strengths and weaknesses and limitations on what they know how to do. Some just make clothing, other make more morphs, and so on. Some can even seem limitless. A four-armed morph for a genesis figure could only be done by a hand-ful of artitsts here at Daz and one of very nice quality even less. It is a lot of work and a very complicated process that takes a high level of knowledge of the task at hand. I think it would sell well in the store but it ultimately comes down to what artists can even pull this off, and how long would it take them. I'm pretty sure many artists would love to make something like this and many other things, but choose not to or just cannot based on their current level of knowledge and skill, not because it's something original.

I own it but I just struggle to understand why they pulled the original Genesis one.

Ellessar, it's a whole lot more complicated than that approach 'look' from the consumer side of things. All PA's here are driven by sales and creating things that inspire them and feel they can bring something of value to the market. Artists do not think, "what already exists that sells well?... hmm let's make more of that stuff." Absolutely not. Some artists are a lot more dependent on sales than others depending on their living situations and income. Selling artists short because they don't seem to make more original content is missing the point of why they do what they do. Every artist should be respected because they're the ones creating and producing things, even if they don't make things you like.

Another important thing you may be missing is every PA has strengths and weaknesses and limitations on what they know how to do. Some just make clothing, other make more morphs, and so on. Some can even seem limitless. A four-armed morph for a genesis figure could only be done by a hand-ful of artitsts here at Daz and one of very nice quality even less. It is a lot of work and a very complicated process that takes a high level of knowledge of the task at hand. I think it would sell well in the store but it ultimately comes down to what artists can even pull this off, and how long would it take them. I'm pretty sure many artists would love to make something like this and many other things, but choose not to or just cannot based on their current level of knowledge and skill, not because it's something original.

yeah man please i'm not trying to not respect any any as i told i realy understand the other side aswel and know how hard is it(i have studied game design and it also take character modeling), i'm just saying which due to all things you told it can be a little problematic for both sides specially from the atists , i never told which is "easy to do", i'm just talking about when i hear that word how it make frustrated, because i'm also working on my own project and i'm trying to not make more of the same, my current project while it's still a sort of gender/category of game like a sort of fantasy game i'm still trying to make what i want not just looking into the "demand", otherwise i could be doing a total different game from what i'm doing now, i'm just point how i hate see that way to try to explain things, it's not like i don't understand peoples personnal needs and strugles and difficulties and know which somethings can ge hard and need more knowledge to work, it's just hearing only this word as a reason is really bad in my taste but for sure i can understand things.

• Oso3D said:

Glossed: Honestly, you should consider the 'take two bodies and overlap them'; the results can be pretty cool, and with creativity you can get dforce to work well for it.

ANOTHER thought I've had is presenting a system to manage body overlaps like this. Debating how viable it is.

I mean, here's G2M experiment I did a while back, before dForce, and even bare skinned it looks tolerable.

Maybe i'll give that method a try some time...it doesnt seem right but probably because you used a regular human body.  The only other 4 armed characters i've ever seen are Goro and Shiva from the Mortal Kombat series and they are way more muscular and menacing. I have the EJ demon morph kits so i'll add a some muscle and tweak the body a little to make them look a bit more non-human.  When the figure itself is non-human then maaybe it will be easier to accept the extra arms on there too.

• Oso3D said:

I'd love another PA to be foolish enough to do this anyway. Maybe some day I'll be that fool

See I understand it is a bunch of work but if someone makes a great figure I think it would sell itself. Also a unique figure like that must be supported ,there are great figures here that get published as a one shot deal maybe a few poses and textures then nothing else,but if it is continually updated with new material that is cool and fresh I think it would sell.

To be honest lately the stuff coming out has been a bit bland ,a bedroom ,bathroom , a modified geoshell as a new jumpsuit. It gets boring seeing the same old stuff pushed out in a different form.

With a four arm figure there are a lot of avenues that can be taken, aliens ,monsters, mythical, and of course the old Mortal Kombat knock off to mention a few.

So to all the artist out there are you really happy with making ok stuff that you can pump out quickley or would you rather make something difficult and make it  great.

So show me that there are still Artists out there and not just buisness minded slugs.

And every time someone does that people either whinge it’s not for G8M or G8F or if it is why not the other gender

• And every time someone does that people either whinge it’s not for G8M or G8F or if it is why not the other gender

I think you are talking about figure not gender,last time I checked there were only 2 but if you know of more awesome for you.

Well Wendy they made this paticular figure for Genesis and how long ago was that but it's dated ,it looks very cheap an low res., I am sure they can make one for G8 and the only reason I say G8 is they are the nicest ones at the moment. But look if no one is up to it keep pumping out skirts and living rooms, and boring stuff I am sure that stuff will sell.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited May 2019

And every time someone does that people either whinge it’s not for G8M or G8F or if it is why not the other gender

I think you are talking about figure not gender,last time I checked there were only 2 but if you know of more awesome for you.

Wendy probably meant that if it's created for G8M people will ask why there's no G8F version, and vice versa.

Post edited by Leana on

yes I meant a standalone like every other recent standalone will have many people complaining it is not a genesis 8 morph and geograft

and even if they do it for one the next complaint will be why not the other

this happens already

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172

I think the main problem is Genesis 8 is not built to have four arms and therefore posing them all independently would be impossible. There is one four armed demon character available but it's standalone for this reason.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-dark-lord