Looking for advice, I need to model 3 Scenes/Sets

Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have the short animation in mind but I need help with the modeling building(s). I want to an aerial view fly-in to give the viewer a general overall idea of the building, M5/V5 Scaled Interior & Exterior Scenes.

The Building that I want to do Retail/Office 15 story skyscraper (with large/oversized/ceiling to floor widows) with the retail space on the ground floor & the office space on the upper floors. I think can do the interior scenes without much trouble, however the exterior scaled & Aerial Shots I’m most worried about, I’m not sure how give the appearance of the same building in both shots. For example if I do a night scene how do I make it appear that lights are on several offices or on different floors in a low res. model just using texture maps/glow shader & then cut the higher detail M5/V5 scaled scene with working lights(blubs) & glass shader windows.

Thanks,

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Turk_WLF said:
    For example if I do a night scene how do I make it appear that lights are on several offices or on different floors in a low res. model just using texture maps/glow shader & then cut the higher detail M5/V5 scaled scene with working lights(blubs) & glass shader windows.

Thanks,

Use the SQUARES shader with Threshold turned on.

Multiply with the TILES shader to get the window frames.

Screen_Shot_2013-11-18_at_10.19_.56_PM_.png
    1044 x 433 - 92K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Turk_WLF said:
    For example if I do a night scene how do I make it appear that lights are on several offices or on different floors in a low res. model just using texture maps/glow shader & then cut the higher detail M5/V5 scaled scene with working lights(blubs) & glass shader windows.

Thanks,

Use the SQUARES shader with Threshold turned on.

Multiply with the TILES shader to get the window frames.

I loved the mini-tutorial you posted about this in the old Forum's Carrara WIPs section! It helped to demystify the Texture room for me!

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will go find it. We need more shader room tutorials… :)

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

That's an interesting way of doing it - cheers!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

There are also some very good night-time texture available at cgtextures.com (look under buildings/high rise/night).