What would You like to see in a Utility plugin for Daz?

paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
edited July 2019 in Product Suggestions

So a friend of mine is making a plug-in for Daz that will make some features easier to use and add other new features So far this plug-in has the following

easy point at/unpoint
easy parent/unparent
a better batch renderer 

clone current camera

What other features would you love to see in this all in one plug-in 

We are looking at making this the swiss army knife of utility's    

Post edited by paulbungard on

Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    edited July 2019

Ability to change default. Specifically, when creating a new camera:

Load camera to active view with movement controls locked.

And if you are doing more than cameras, the default ability to load poses keeping figure in place. (lost for some reason after 4.9..2.70)

Post edited by Petercat on
  • AlfawulfAlfawulf Posts: 174

Daz to Mixamao..or Vice Versa..what\ever would be most convenient!!

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134
    Holding an object with both hands in animations. That would really make my life easier.
  • How about dynamically adjusted F-stop ... so the subject is always in focus when the Depth of Field is set to On

• Holding an object with both hands in animations. That would really make my life easier.

Have you looked at the persistent IK targets introduced in the current Public Build, DS 4.12.0.33?

No but I would love to. I have DS 4.11 which I installed when the new version was announced in June. The download page on Daz website also shows that version. How can I get the 4.2? I checked my Daz for updates there are none. Thanks!
    Holding an object with both hands in animations. That would really make my life easier.

Have you looked at the persistent IK targets introduced in the current Public Build, DS 4.12.0.33?

OK, I found it.I'm so excited about the new IK features, thanks to bringing it to my attention. Problem is, I already tried to install the public beta with the install manager but I couldn't find it anywhere after it finished installing. Could be something with Mac devices?
  • Are you sure you installed the application itself? Some people have had it fail to show in DIM, just the plug-ins (though without the DS installation itself they should error out).

Are you sure you installed the application itself? Some people have had it fail to show in DIM, just the plug-ins (though without the DS installation itself they should error out).

OK got it now. I was able to find the IK controls and they are awesome. Now we finally have a full IK system in Daz. Thanks a million.