Content Library Menu Explode All Folders

Hello,

I would like to offer a suggestion for a menu function. 

I believe currently there is no way to open all folders and subfolders in the Content Library at once. As it is now, one must click each primary folder and continue clicking triangles to reach subfolders and more subfolders and continue down the content library column to see all content open at once in the panel. I myself find it is often convenient to open all folders at once to determine where installed content might be found, or to take note of peculiar places where content creators have placed certain items/categories. Although it may not be a day to day procedure, never the less I believe it would be a great resource to have a one click button in the content library that explodes all content folders and subfolders at once. 

This show all at once function is somewhat present in the Smart Content panel, with the SHOW ALL button. I would suggest a similar SHOW ALL button for the Content Library. 

Daz Studio is an excellent 3D application and I would like to extend my appreciation to the Daz team for this fantastic software and to all the talented content creators providing us with incredible material. 

Thank you. 

Daz_feedback_suggestion_menu_expand all.PNG
650 x 1440 - 140K

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited August 2019

In Windows, if you want to expand a folder and all its subfolders, hit the * key on the number pad.  Daz Studio obeys this function.

Hitting - key will close the folder up but will not undo the expand all so if you open it again, they will all still be expanded.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • david_23523141david_23523141 Posts: 40
    edited August 2019
    Mattymanx said:

In Windows, if you want to expand a folder and all its subfolders, hit the * key on the number pad.  Daz Studio obeys this function.

Hitting - key will close the folder up but will not undo the expand all so if you open it again, they will all still be expanded.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATTYMANX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow, this has to be one of the best forum reponses I've experienced in decades. I was utterly convinced this was a dead end and you deliver a GRAND SLAM ANSWER!  I'm so blown away that it works and equally that there was a working solution out in the aethers, I'm just flabbergasted and faint. You have superb attention to detail, bravo.

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on