A couple of Qs Bryce Newbie;)

AllegraAllegra Posts: 405
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hope someone can help with this problem....I've imported my 2D pic into Bryce, one pic on black background and saved as jpg, and another as a negative but all I'm getting is a solid square...I know it's probably something simple but I can't work it out.

I've tried it before and it works with the stock tiffs...should I be saving as a tiff?

Also...bear in mind I'm a 2 day newbie....now I can't find how to rotate wireframes...I had it, but probably pressed something in my enthusiasm for Bryce;)

TIA

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

first Welcome to Bryce and our forum....please feel free to hang out ask questions we will help anyway we can... Here you go click on edit ...then here is your control...hope this helps.....Are you bringing your picture in through LEO????see second picture....

leo.png
    818 x 102 - 84K
    rotate.jpg
    709 x 362 - 82K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 2013

@Shanina - to import pictures, create a surface to hold it. In Create mode, click on Leo (the golden man), the Picture Library opens. Click on an empty square, then load your picture. It will have the correct aspect ratio.

leo2.jpg
    626 x 472 - 67K
    leo.jpg
    846 x 120 - 23K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

Hi Shanina, you might like to check out the Bryce tutorials thread in the forum here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2839/

There is a lot of good stuff there that might be helpful to you as a newbie:) I have some tutorials for beginners too (see my signature).
    Hope that helps.

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much Bullit, Horo and Eva,

Of course the rotate is with the Edit...dah!...going to feel like a dill for awhile;)

Horo, I couldn't get anything but a black box, load and reloaded, even tried the moon but it came out with a blue background.
    Then I added a light and I don't know what I did but it came through transparent....there's a small quick render below...officially my first Bryce:)

I messed up re-scaling the pic so she's a little on the heavy side but the potential of Bryce 2D import is amazing, can't believe more people aren't using it!

Thank you all for your help and guidance...I been reading through the tutorials and know I've a long way to go but I know it's going to be a fun journey;)

standing.jpg
    425 x 497 - 173K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Shanina: good I am glad it worked for you and don't worry I get those duh...moments all the time still.....your render turned out really nice !!! Trish

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Shanina...nice work submitted, eventually - it can get a bit duanting at times - dealing with a new 'ware..etc., aka, Bryce,... but worth it in the end. Let's hope to see more of your works in the NY2014.

Jay

edited December 1969

Thank you Bullit and Jay, the render knocks off a lot of basic to-learn things off the list, like lights,sky, terrains,textures,and importing 2D.

I've always found it easier to actually to do a scene, start to finish, no matter how bad it is, you get to see where everything is and how things work rather then a typical ball and a square tutorial.

It sure is daunting..although I find Bryce has a very user friendly interface...once you realize all those little triangles and buttons aren't for decor, they hold hidden menus;)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Shanina: That's a nice first image.

edited December 1969

You are very kind Guss;)
    It certainly helped me find my way around Bryce.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

The beauty with Bryce is you can just press buttons and see what it does, it doesn't hurt anything and can be fun to play

But don't do it with a scene that is looking good, well at least not till you have saved it, just in case. :coolsmirk:

Incremental saves is a wonderful feature. As long as your first version has a number, if after that when you alter it you press save as instead of just save, you get another version, and your first version is still there as well.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

"...well at least not till you have saved it..."
    Yeah, Chohole...that's the greatest advice ever one can give...save, save, save...even with the slightest of changes made to a render. Have lost so many hours of work on previous projects - when Bryce suddenly decides to crash...grrr. ;)

Jay

edited December 1969

Thanks for that chohole and Jay,
    I'm not so worried about saving right now as I'm still in the oops and awe stage, pressing buttons, reading tuts, just trying to get familiar with where everything is and understanding just how awesome and versatile Bryce is....had a few crashes but most, actually all were my fault...but I will keep your advice in mind as I plod along this road;)