New Iray render setting needed: Sun-sky PLUS SCENE

Sometimes I want to light a scene using sun and sky but I also want additional lighting, e.g. Distant or Spot.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to do this at present. Switching from 'Dome and Scene' to 'Sun-sky Only' turns off any DAZ lights you may have created and placed.

You could use an HDRI (for instance IBL Skies by Denki Gaka, of which I own several), but then there's the problem of getting rid of or hiding the grey 'floor'.on the horizon. You can change the dome orientation and/or size to hide it from the camera view, but that also changes the lighting.

What I'd like is a render setting that will allow me to use Sun-sky with lights. You'd think this would be fairly simple and easy to implement.

Anyone else feel a need?

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited September 2019

You can get spots working with sun-sky if you select a dome and remove the hdri. Once you remove the hdri, you will get the sun-sky settings in dome and spots will work.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • Well, how about that? I guess this thread should have been titled "DAZ Studio manual needed," though I doubt  if anyone would read it all the way through...indluding me.

Thanks for the tip!smiley