Celery.

As a fan of Art Frahm, I demand celery! And knickers with "fallen to her feet" poses.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I'd never heard of Art Frahm before, and now I have just so many questions.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Sparkman has a really close product to match the knickers (dForce, too) at Rendo: renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dforce-sexy-silk-pjs-with-lace-for-genesis-8-female/136318/ 

And there's Exnem Veggies Vol 2 for the celery! renderosity.com/mod/bcs/exnem-veggies-vol-2/95604/

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

I saw the word "celery" and my first thought was that someone was planning to depict the 5th Doctor as portrayed by Peter Davison.  He wore a stalk of celery upon his lapel.  Seems odd that the "decorative vegetable" (as David Tennant's Doctor mocked it in "TimeCrash") never wilted.  However, we should remember he pinned it to his coat in "Castrovalva" a city which was really a trap constructed from "block transfer computation" along with everything and every "citizen" within it.  In effect, it was an illusion given solid form.  The better question is why it continued to exist answer the Master's hold upon Adric was broken and the simulation collapsed.

Okay, that went on a tangent.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Redfern said:

I saw the word "celery" and my first thought was that someone was planning to depict the 5th Doctor as portrayed by Peter Davison.  He wore a stalk of celery upon his lapel.  Seems odd that the "decorative vegetable" (as David Tennant's Doctor mocked it in "TimeCrash") never wilted.  However, we should remember he pinned it to his coat in "Castrovalva" a city which was really a trap constructed from "block transfer computation" along with everything and every "citizen" within it.  In effect, it was an illusion given solid form.  The better question is why it continued to exist answer the Master's hold upon Adric was broken and the simulation collapsed.

Okay, that went on a tangent.

Sincerely,

Bill

That was my initial thought too.

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403
    edited September 2019

Deleting my comment...I followed What @dragonfly_2004 posted. Wow...so many cool things to thing with...

Post edited by Aabacus on
  • This reminds me of an old senile lady called Grace that went to my church,

we were on a picnic and having an outdoor service and singing "Amazing Grace"

the congregation stands for the last verse

Grace stood up and her knickers fell down

as we were singing the words Amazing Grace

Mum and another lady quickly helped her pull them up and I was trying my hardest not to burst out laughing as was my Mum, we just looked at each other and winked.

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

That was my initial thought too.

I'm surounded by children. :(

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited September 2019

Did they have a problem with elastics in the 50s or is this a Frahm thing? I travel pretty much on this planet ... but I never saw this happen for real ... ;-)

but o.k., I travel mostly in areas where the concept of underwear is handled kind of differently ....

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Did they have a problem with elastics in the 50s or is this a Frahm thing? I travel pretty much on this planet ... but I never saw this happen for real ... ;-)

but o.k., I travel mostly in areas where the concept of underwear is handled kind of differently ....

Elastic in the 50's was lacking in quality control, which I know from personal experience. And yes, I've seen similar accidents with failed elastic (slips, rather than underpants). So yes, this kind of situation is very plausable.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Elastic in the 50's was lacking in quality control, which I know from personal experience. And yes, I've seen similar accidents with failed elastic (slips, rather than underpants). So yes, this kind of situation is very plausable.

I've had that issue with a few pairs of reasonably modern Joe Boxer boxer-briefs.  I generally wear those under trousers though, so they wouldn't fail in quite the spectacular fashion under discussion here, but if I were a Highlander...

• Sevrin said:

, but if I were a Highlander...

If I can trust the Highlanders I personally know, this problem can not occur when the kilt is worn the traditional way.........  ;-)

Sevrin said:

, but if I were a Highlander...

If I can trust the Highlanders I personally know, this problem can not occur when the kilt is worn the traditional way.........  ;-)

Aye. :)

Well, this thread took on a life of its own...

Did they have a problem with elastics in the 50s or is this a Frahm thing?

Mostly a Frahm thing. It was a way to titilate without violating obcenety laws: you couldn't see anything, but you knew what was no longer covered.

Art Frahm was an artist of the same 1950's era as other pinup artists such as Vargas and Petty. He actually apprenticed under Haddon Sundblom who created the iconic Santa Claus illustration which is why we all accept Santa as being dressed in red though historically he was depicted in greenj as often in Victorian illustrations. Coke made Santa Favor red and white, their own colors. :)

Frahm's "ladies in peril" picxtures were popular in men's magazines of the era. Caucasian women with doll-like expressions and impossibly perfect figures usually engaged in some sort of "daily housewife" routine when suddenly.... wardrobe malfunction! Knickers drop. It was his thing.

His advertising art included works for Coca-Cola and Coppertone. He wasn't the artist who came up with the little Coppertone girl and the dog trying to pull off her bottoms. That was an illustrator by the name of Joyce Ballantyne.

He's most famous for his dropped panty/women in distress art.

https://flashbak.com/the-erotic-pictures-of-art-frahm-women-in-peril-with-celery-sticks-15903/

• I'm going to have to gender bend this image, just for fun. although I am more than a bit disturbed by her dogs expressioin! =-)

I'm going to have to gender bend this image, just for fun. although I am more than a bit disturbed by her dogs expressioin! =-)

Bend away! Should be a fun image! I look forward to it. :)