My current running shopping list of boring things

AabacusAabacus Posts: 403
edited September 2019 in Product Suggestions

EDIT: Nevermind. I just did more perusal of Renderosity. Sheesh. I generally don't go there because I lurve the DAZ installer...but...dang...

A moderate car (think Honda Civic or Ford Fiesta) - Not a super car, not a collectable car...just...a car...like you gave a crayon to an 8 year old and said...draw me a car. That's what I want.

Paperback and hardcover books that have open/close morphs (along with the associated hand pose). I've made some but they're not like what a pro would do. Maybe a whole research set (notes/books/coffee cup/pens/pencils/erasers/etc.) There are ways to fake this but it'd be nice to have a set.

Bundles of boring clothes. Not sexy clothes. Just normal, boring, clothes. Slacks and a polo for men or just an average suit. For women, just some business casual options. Not going out for a hot party night. Just something plain.  (I may just need to shop more for this). 

Bundled collections. I'm looking at you Moonshine Drive in. Not even asking for a discount...just an option that says...would you like all the items that go with this? Obviously this wouldn't work for something like a Victoria but there places this would work.

Leather/hide armor (for my stone age D&D game). 

I have others but this is my current go to list...

Post edited by Aabacus on

Comments

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited September 2019

I can second the "boring clothes"... (Every-day outfits) {The non-trampy versions of existing outfits would be awesome.}

Adding to that list... "well worn clothing"... (Not hobo-worn, but not "off the shelf new".)

Oh, for the love of randomness... Please, someone, make a script/component/tool for common randomizing, which all creators can just add to any dumb and smart-content. Click a forward/back button and it randomizes whatever the developer has set as "randomizable", with the limits they set. (The back button going back to ones you may have just passed, by accident) So we can get instant variation of styles in things. (Eg, altering the color/shades within certain limits, swapping through various images that would be used in an item for colors/gloss/normals, makeup, hair, etc... But, one we can also EDIT, to force constraints where we want them, or add more variation where we want them.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I would like a set of mix and match outfits but with dingy clothing or ill-fitted clothing. Hard to write a story where a fairy god father takes a fella who can't dress for nothing and dress him to impress the lady of his dreams. :) He's got to be an ugly duckling before he's a swan/ You can call it ugly duckling clothes or "Goodwill hunting" .... you know... where he found his wardrobe. :)

I want to second the request for a set of books, notebooks, papers and such that look like someone was furiously researching something. They could have a set of textures to differentiate scientific research or occult research so they would have muliple options. :)

• JD_Mortal said:

I can second the "boring clothes"... (Every-day outfits) {The non-trampy versions of existing outfits would be awesome.}

Totally! Who actually uses the trampy clothes other than for stills?

Sorry this could be a controversial comment...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    JD_Mortal said:

most users here only do stills

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I would like to do more but lack normal looking people and normal looking cloths and normal looking cars for the most part. I would like more. Sue me. :)

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited September 2019
    RKane_1 said:

I would like to do more but lack normal looking people and normal looking cloths and normal looking cars for the most part. I would like more. Sue me. :)

100% with you. I love boring things (for "luxury and sassy" bores me) and..... yes, I mostly do stills.....  :-)

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    Aabacus said:
    Paperback and hardcover books that have open/close morphs (along with the associated hand pose). I've made some but they're not like what a pro would do. Maybe a whole research set (notes/books/coffee cup/pens/pencils/erasers/etc.) There are ways to fake this but it'd be nice to have a set

Well..... here are some you might want look at.

Everyday Books

Everyday Stationery

Everyday Coffee

Everyday Tea

Or maclean for other things you may need.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited September 2019
    Aabacus said:

EDIT: Nevermind. I just did more perusal of Renderosity. Sheesh. I generally don't go there because I lurve the DAZ installer...but...dang...

A moderate car (think Honda Civic or Ford Fiesta) - Not a super car, not a collectable car...just...a car...like you gave a crayon to an 8 year old and said...draw me a car. That's what I want.

Lets check Renderosity...

Budget Small Cars

Low Poly Car 1

Everyday cars, 4 door sedan

Lil Raver Car

Maxda Car

Audi quattro

Vandura Family Sedan

Toyota Yaris for DAZ Studio

Romero GX-500

Volvo V40 - for DAZ Studio

Caravan Minivan (for DAZ Studio)

Volvo C70 for DAZ Studio

PT Cruiser for DAZ Studio

Volkwagen Golf I GTI (for Poser) 

Family Minivan for DAZ Studio

I'd keep going on options but I gave up on page ten after searching "Car".

Aabacus said:

Paperback and hardcover books that have open/close morphs (along with the associated hand pose). I've made some but they're not like what a pro would do. Maybe a whole research set (notes/books/coffee cup/pens/pencils/erasers/etc.) There are ways to fake this but it'd be nice to have a set.

Rendo has most of this again. Maybe not the poses, but they have a good array of books.

Scholastic by Darkworld would be perfect, but you'd need to run the poses through several passes to update them... and you'll need to fix the mats.

https://www.daz3d.com/v4-pose-converter-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-female-s  v4 to genesis 2 converter

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter Genesis 2 to 3

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-to-genesis-8-pose-converter 3 to 8.

Z Fun ClassRoom! is Gen8 and has some stuff too though isn't quite as on the money.

Aabacus said:

Bundles of boring clothes. Not sexy clothes. Just normal, boring, clothes. Slacks and a polo for men or just an average suit. For women, just some business casual options. Not going out for a hot party night. Just something plain.  (I may just need to shop more for this). 

A lot of that is just shopping around. Though keep in mind, boring clothes tend to autofit reasonably well so don't be afraid to go back as far as genesis, or even Victoria 4 if you have the right clones.

Aabacus said:

Stoneage D&D? Tell me moar...

That said again, Rendo has some incredible stonage sets.

The Gladeling Outfits by sixus1 look cool in that very "1 Million Years BC" Kinda way.

The dForce Neolithic Outfits by Deacon215 are very awesome too if you want something more historically accurate.

The dForce Grass Cord Outfits and dForce Tropical Leaf Outfit less so... but still fit just fine.

Daz isn't very good for animaition... blocking off stuff like Hair physics to PA only kinda cements that.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • Aabacus said:

Bundled collections. I'm looking at you Moonshine Drive in. Not even asking for a discount...just an option that says...would you like all the items that go with this? Obviously this wouldn't work for something like a Victoria but there places this would work.

I have others but this is my current go to list...

Yeah I would also like to see a bigger range of ordinary cars as well. There's too many exotic cars. I would like to see nornal sedans and station wagons as well. Even a sporty coupe (but not exotic).

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

There are a bunch of ordinary cars over at Rendo.  Toyotas, Hondas, Fords, stuff like that.  

• Sevrin said:

There are a bunch of ordinary cars over at Rendo.  Toyotas, Hondas, Fords, stuff like that.  

I know. I've got those. I would like to see more though. 

• DreamlandModels has a Chevrolet model on Renderosity.

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403
    JD_Mortal said:

#looksaroundawkwardly

Aabacus said:

Budget Small Cars

Low Poly Car 1

Lil Raver Car

Maxda Car

Audi quattro

Vandura Family Sedan

Romero GX-500

Volvo C70 for DAZ Studio

Aabacus said:

Rendo has most of this again. Maybe not the poses, but they have a good array of books.

Scholastic by Darkworld would be perfect, but you'd need to run the poses through several passes to update them... and you'll need to fix the mats.

https://www.daz3d.com/v4-pose-converter-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-female-s  v4 to genesis 2 converter

Z Fun ClassRoom! is Gen8 and has some stuff too though isn't quite as on the money.

Aabacus said:

A lot of that is just shopping around. Though keep in mind, boring clothes tend to autofit reasonably well so don't be afraid to go back as far as genesis, or even Victoria 4 if you have the right clones.

Aabacus said:

The Gladeling Outfits by sixus1 look cool in that very "1 Million Years BC" Kinda way.

The dForce Neolithic Outfits by Deacon215 are very awesome too if you want something more historically accurate.

The dForce Grass Cord Outfits and dForce Tropical Leaf Outfit less so... but still fit just fine.

Daz isn't very good for animaition... blocking off stuff like Hair physics to PA only kinda cements that.

I have a love hate relationship with Renderosity. I find their prices to be high and the lack of an installer infuriating. However, they have a lot of nifty stuff that Daz wouldn't allow (for the most part). So I can get nifty stuff there but I have this chore of having to unpack it and find all the folders. Then again...lots of average cars. So...

Aabacus said:

Budget Small Cars

Low Poly Car 1

Lil Raver Car

Maxda Car

Audi quattro

Vandura Family Sedan

Romero GX-500

Volvo C70 for DAZ Studio

Aabacus said:

Aabacus said:

Aabacus said:

I have a love hate relationship with Renderosity. I find their prices to be high and the lack of an installer infuriating. However, they have a lot of nifty stuff that Daz wouldn't allow (for the most part). So I can get nifty stuff there but I have this chore of having to unpack it and find all the folders. Then again...lots of average cars. So...

maclean said:
    Aabacus said:
    Paperback and hardcover books that have open/close morphs (along with the associated hand pose). I've made some but they're not like what a pro would do. Maybe a whole research set (notes/books/coffee cup/pens/pencils/erasers/etc.) There are ways to fake this but it'd be nice to have a set

Well..... here are some you might want look at.

Everyday Books

Everyday Stationery

Everyday Coffee

Everyday Tea

Or maclean for other things you may need.

THanks for pointing out the Coffee and Tea! I had the books and stationary (which is actually what prompted the question I think.)   

Maclean is great! I had about half of their stuff already wishlisted. LOL.

RKane_1 said:

I would like a set of mix and match outfits but with dingy clothing or ill-fitted clothing. Hard to write a story where a fairy god father takes a fella who can't dress for nothing and dress him to impress the lady of his dreams. :) He's got to be an ugly duckling before he's a swan/ You can call it ugly duckling clothes or "Goodwill hunting" .... you know... where he found his wardrobe. :)

I want to second the request for a set of books, notebooks, papers and such that look like someone was furiously researching something. They could have a set of textures to differentiate scientific research or occult research so they would have muliple options. :)

I have inviested more than I care to admit in things labeled Trash/Junk. I will not tell my wife unit of these purchases. She already thinks I'm off.

• My husband very kindly does not point out that there is lots of debris and junk around the house I could be collecting... (the new puppy is teething.  Worst part is I just got my Rendo prize calendar... and she got it off the table and ate it!  Wah!)

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 286

As you can see below, I purchased the PT Cruiser model. It is very nice. Now I just need to match the paint job on the model to match the one in my driveway.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/865901/