dresses need more sitting poses

So, recently, I came across this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/z-grand-piano-and-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8

'Awesome!' I thought, 'I could really use this.'  So I bought it last night, but realized that I didn't have a dress for the G8 female figure, so I also bought this dress; which I thought looked really nice:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-fanciful-shimmer-outfit-for-genesis-8-female

But after putting the dress on the figure and putting her in a playing pose, I found to my dismay, that the bottom of the skirt was up in the air and I had no options whatsoever, for adjusting it to the proper position.  I tried fitting another G8 dress I had, but still had the same problem.  Then I finally tried putting a G3 dress on her; which was instantly posed just right on the figure.  How's that for ironic, Alanis?

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am satisfied with the result I ultimately got, and I don't mean to insult the maker of the dress I linked.  It is a very lovely dress that looks great on G8 ladies.  I'm just saying I wish I could pose it, and other dresses for G8 female, to show them in a sitting pose.  After all, I had intended for my character to wear the blue dress, but the G3 dress that I ended up settling on doesn't come in blue.  (Of course, I had thought about asking what dress the lady was wearing in the images for the piano product, but I didn't know how long the sale was going on and I didn't want to miss it.)

Comments

• That is a dForce dress, so if you simulate it (probably using a play range simulation so you can slide the seat under her and the two under the piano without any collisions) it should work well

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited September 2019

I mainly fight with garments like the Kaftan etc. Outside the European/North American cultural sphere, a good part of everyday life takes place at the level of the floor. Unfortunately, I am often unpleasantly surprised when a new "exotic" garment is on sale (which is always good and finds a buyer in me) and then I have to adjust for hours when the actor should bend/ kneel down in the garment .....the most banal possible movement in the given context....

Bedouin tea..in Egypt. So many cups of tea we've had, so ... 17 Best images about The Sinai Bedouins | Egypt on ... 

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • I heard tell of this dForce magnet that is available in the DAZ Shop, and it looks very interesting.  I have confidence for that product as I can position a skirt more easily while a female figure is sitting down.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

That is a dForce dress, so if you simulate it (probably using a play range simulation so you can slide the seat under her and the two under the piano without any collisions) it should work well

Agreed. I use this method all the time and it works great.