Pre-Made Animations

2»

Comments

• So, my question is, how do I add the BVH animation to the Genesis 3 FBX figure in Blender?  I tried the eating dinner BVH animation (file number 79-12, in the 79 folder), and the animation did not show any sitting down eating dinner.

Do you suppose I will have to rename the nodes in the BVH animation so that when I transfer the nodes to the Genesis 3 figure in DAZ Studio?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

Well if you are up to it

you could just try renaming all the nodes to match Genesis 3 in BVHacker

https://www.bvhacker.com/

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,107
    edited October 2019

That would be a great idea.  I don't know if I will need all of the animations, but I'll probably use the bvhacker program for animations as I need them.

I will download and install the program this evening, since it is free softwzre full-time.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • It would be great to get some ballet dance moves as an animation that is pre-made

• FYI, for those interested in animation, a couple of us Daz animators thought it might be nice to have a dedicated animation thread. It can be found here. Please share your work and knowledge!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/358051/the-animators-assemble-thread-for-daz-animation-wips-clips-and-tips

• Nice - I still want to see expanded animation support now that we have better animation options :D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

Nice - I still want to see expanded animation support now that we have better animation options :D

Would be nice if I could only render animation with 4.12 crying

• SWTriumSWTrium Posts: 23
    JonSea31 said:

^ That is a very interesting link, and I did download a few, so far, of what I need, since they are free.  But I could only download them either as FBX or Collada format.

Is there any way I could convert them to .bvh format, so I could add them to my Genesis 3 figures?

I haven't gone through any of the suggested links on this page, but since Mixamo was mentioned I wanted to chip in since that's something that I know of and use frequently on Gen 3 and Gen 8 Models.

Long story short, the way to do this is to use Gen 2 to capture the animation data and then (batch) script them onto Gen 3 and Gen 8. There are some inherrent issues even if the animation transfer goes ahead perfectly, like root nodes getting the wrong bone values and the fingers...the fingers are nearly always a mess.

But with some stray value clean up, clipping rework and sole reorientation + fixes, the animations can work perfectly on even the latest models.