Skin Colors for Dragkon?

I love the Dragkon model (https://www.daz3d.com/dragkon-for-genesis-8-male) from RawArt. I use it for D&D Dragonborn characters but admittedly I have quite a bit of difficulty getting some of the colors right. Strong colors like red I can quite easily alter in the surfaces but lighter ones become more difficult to overpower the green or brown standard skins. Blue scaled dragons have been difficult and I haven't tried for a white dragon, but I imagine that would be even harder. I'd love some skins for this model, if that's feasible.

Comments

• If you have access to something like Photoshop or GIMP, a mass change of colouration is really quick and easy, just change the base texture files and resave them out under different names.

• Okay, WOW. I didn't even need to do anything -- when I dug up where the texture files were there was a plain white one there. It isn't shown as an option in the textures when I drill down in the Daz Studio content library or in the Smart Content section. That white texture allowed me to easily recolor it though.

Is there anyway for ME to set that white skin up as a texture I can apply to the whole model in the future without needing to go to each surface section and browse to the texture?

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,703
    edited October 2019

Load the white textures onto the figure then Save it as a Material Preset.

Edit: Though looking at them myself, those "white" texture maps are the bump maps. So they might not look too great in a render as the main texture.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Thank you!

Admittedly they lack the detail of the other real skins but they should be suitable for my needs which is to create portraits for characters that my D&D friends play. They aren't too terribly discerning.

• I love the Dragkon model (https://www.daz3d.com/dragkon-for-genesis-8-male) from RawArt. I use it for D&D Dragonborn characters but admittedly I have quite a bit of difficulty getting some of the colors right. Strong colors like red I can quite easily alter in the surfaces but lighter ones become more difficult to overpower the green or brown standard skins. Blue scaled dragons have been difficult and I haven't tried for a white dragon, but I imagine that would be even harder. I'd love some skins for this model, if that's feasible.

Easy way to do it... just take the basic skins and throw them into gimp then desaturate them and save as new images.

They'll be completely white. Just use that as a base and color with defuse.