Usiliteplus Hardcore M4 - Jacket issue

jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 638
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm having an issue with the Jacket in the Uzilite "Hardcore M4" product.

No matter how I load the jacket onto my M4 character...it does not move with the character when I change poses from the default pose.

Yes, I did make sure I had my M4 character selected before loading the jacket.

All of the other items in this set work as expected.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How can I parent all of the elements of the jacket to my character?

This is in DAZ Studio 4.6 pro (MAC Version)

Thanks!

JD

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you select the jacket in the scene pane and then jump over to Parameters, is there anything in the 'Fit to' box?

• jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 638
    edited December 1969

All I see are pose dials when I select Parameters.

JD

Parameters.jpg
    2000 x 1039 - 548K
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,144
    edited January 2014

On the Parameters Tab, click on the small arrow next to the "General" Item. Select the Misc item, and a small list of options will appear, one of which is the "Fit To" option. If it says "None", click on the button and select Michael 4.

Post edited by nightwolf1982 on
  • jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 638
    edited December 1969

Ah Finally!

Oh one thing to make your instructions clearer for future noobs:

1. Under Scene - Click on the jacket "hd_jacketM4"
    2. Click the Parameters Tab on the right side of the active view screen
    3. Under the Parameters Tab click on HD_jacketM4(this will reveal General and Display)
    4. Click on the little arrow next to General (this will reveal Misc and Display)
    5. Click on Misc (On the right you will see 2 option buttons Point At and Fit To)
    6. If you see None on the fit to button click on it
    7. In the dialogue Box that pops up it will ask what you want to fit "hd_jacketM4" to
    8. click the drop down and choose Michael 4
    9 Verify that "parent to target" is checked
    10. Click Accept

Try pose changes to make sure the jacket now moves with Michael 4

Now I wonder why this item does not attach itself properly when I load it like the other items.

I even rebooted and tried this with a new scene with just the jacket and M4....

How can I report this to the product designer?

JD

edited December 1969

There are many items that don't auto-conform when loaded into DAZ, or even Poser for that matter. There's a parameter line in Poser cr2s called "conforming" that often isn't set correctly, so DAZ and Poser fail to recognize the figure as a conforming item. It's not something most PAs (product designers) check for or bother to fix, since it's simple enough to conform clothes in either program.

edited December 1969

And sometimes, like with a jacket, it isn't going to 'autoconform' on purpose...what if you don't want to conform it to the figure, but to a shirt? (Hmm...thinking about it, maybe the jacket isn't set to conform to M4...maybe it is set to conform to another item, like a shirt.)

edited December 1969

Auto-conforming is a function of the program - DAZ or Poser. Clothing will auto-conform to the last selected figure, whether it's a person, an animal, clothing, or an object, but only if the clothing is identified as a conforming item (the "conforming" parameter in the clothing cr2 is set to 1).

The only exception I know of is when multiple clothing items are conformed to a figure, and then the entire set (figure AND clothes) is saved to a cr2. In this case, the cr2 will load the figure, then each item of clothing will be loaded and conformed to the figure OR another item of clothing.

edited December 1969

The only exception I know of is when multiple clothing items are conformed to a figure, and then the entire set (figure AND clothes) is saved to a cr2. In this case, the cr2 will load the figure, then each item of clothing will be loaded and conformed to the figure OR another item of clothing.

I was thinking mostly of loading as a set...

• edited January 2015

Hello, DAZ experts!

I am not sure if it’s worth a separate topic, but would greatly appreciate any assistance. I’ve recently got a Hardcore M4 outfit and experience multiple issues with it. I am a newbie to DAZ, so apologies in advance if this is a basic stuff.

Here are some details:
    1. Product was purchased from the following URL: http://www.daz3d.com/hardcore-m4. I’ve made sure it supported DAZ Studio (my current version is 4.7) and Michael 4 model that I’ve already installed.
    2. I’ve installed it using default DAZ Content Installer. It went successfully and listed all the files and directories, so I could verify it was indeed installed. (Please see screen0.png attached). As you can see, the path for OBJ, for example, is C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Geometries\Uzilite2006.
    3. My Directory Manager already lists all the directories from Step 2 above along with default directories and other folders I have my content in. Please see screen1.png attached. Is anything I'm missing there?
    4. When I go to my Wardrobe section under Content (on the left side of the screen), the outfit does not show there at all.
    5. It also does not show under Content Library (following the exact path to correct folder) on the right side of my screen.
    6. I am able to import each item (belt, jacket, boots, etc.) separately through File >> Import. However, it does not give me an option to apply it to Michael 4 figure directly, but rather places it in the middle of the stage.
    7. When placed on stage, none of outfit objects have textures applied. I kind of found a workaround by manually dragging each texture from the folder it’s located at to the object on the stage.
    8. When I right-click on any of the outfit parts and/or go to Parameters on the right side tab, there is no option to “Fit To” (only to “Point To”). When Pointing outfit to Michael 4 model, it gets weirdly twisted (another screenshot to come…).

So, in the end, I have multiple Hardcore outfit objects on the stage that are not attached to Michael 4 model. If the pose of the model is changed, clothing stays in its default position. Obviously, they do not fit well either (for instance, gun is at the very bottom, next to the feet; boots are close together, etc.). Any ideas?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Update: Richard Haseltine, you are a lifesaver! I have tried importing CR2 instead of OBJ (based on your comment), and it worked perfectly! I had the same issue with the jacket as OP had, but followed provided solution and got it all in place. You can really tell I ma a newbie, but thanks a lot for all the help.

screen1.PNG
    530 x 735 - 111K
    screen0.PNG
    602 x 609 - 89K
    Post edited by yanamill_efe86373b8 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

It is in Poser format - is the folder you install to listed under Poser Formats in the Content Library? That's where the set will be, with the models in the Figure library.

As for the import, it sounds as if you are importing the OBJ not the CR2 - which will error out if the install folder isn't set as a Poser content directory.