Carrara and Mac OS Catalina ?

Compatible ?

Tank you.

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

That pervious thread seems to have stalled, and the compatibility of Carrara and the Catalina OS is inconclusive (not enough user reports yet).

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I still can't open any files through the file dialogs. I can get around that for native .car etc files by dumping them into the My Objects folder and selecting them through the tray.

That doesn't help me with .obj imports though (and a lot of my work involves importing assets from Modo and other places...)

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 308

I use the version 8.5.1 Build 19 64 bit. after the change also Mac os Catalina I can not render any video sequences. The render eingine somehow uses Quicktime. That seems to be still a 32 bit application.
    the message "your install is corrupted, please re-install your application"
    Otherwise, I could not say anything that does not work.

I hope there dan still an update for it does not end that as it ends with Bryce.

• Khoe said:

I use the version 8.5.1 Build 19 64 bit. after the change also Mac os Catalina I can not render any video sequences. The render eingine somehow uses Quicktime. That seems to be still a 32 bit application.

I hope there dan still an update for it does not end that as it ends with Bryce.

You should still be able to render an animation as sequenced image files. I can. 

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 308
    edited November 2019
    Khoe said:

You should still be able to render an animation as sequenced image files. I can. 

Of course I can do that, but it's not very user-friendly. In the end I have to convert the single pictures back to a mp4 or avi or or or
    It should be possible to make a small update so that you can render everything as a movie again.

Post edited by Khoe on
  • Khoe said:
    Khoe said:

Of course I can do that, but it's not very user-friendly. In the end I have to convert the single pictures back to a mp4 or avi or or or
    It should be possible to make a small update so that you can render everything as a movie again.

Unfortunately, Carrara uses QuickTime for rendering movies and Apple abandoned it years ago. It's still 32-bit.