Joequick's Wolverine Mask?

Zeke42Zeke42 Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in The Commons

It's my understanding that Joequick made a Wolverine mask add-on for his Nadino mask. Apparently it used to be available on ShareCG, but I can't find it there anymore. Is it still available somewhere? Or did anyone else ever make one? Thanks in advance for any leads that anyone can provide.

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

he had a hawkeye mask up on share cg but he has taken that down , I would send him a pm he had been known to send files if asked nicely

• Zeke42Zeke42 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    he had a hawkeye mask up on share cg but he has taken that down , I would send him a pm he had been known to send files if asked nicely

Can't say that I've ever seen a Hawkeye mask from Joe before. IIRC TerryMcG has one available.
    I try not to PM people I haven't talked to publicly yet. Feels like showing up at someone's front door without an invitation. :red:
  • leroysquableroysquab Posts: 101
    edited February 2014

bluto said:

Can't say that I've ever seen a Hawkeye mask from Joe before. IIRC TerryMcG has one available.
    I try not to PM people I haven't talked to publicly yet. Feels like showing up at someone's front door without an invitation. :red:
    Honestly, I'm a long time JoeQuick fan but I haven't fully kept up so there may have been some I missed. I may be remiss here in saying this because I don't know for absolute certainty but it strikes me as considerably more likely that the Nadino mask was actually created by Nadino rather than Joe. That said, I did a quick search through the forums and couldn't find a Wolverine mask by either though I can tell you with great certainty that Joe had done a Hawkeye set. It has been my experience that Joe has been very open to the community so if you asked him a question through the JoeQuick sketchbook forum or perhaps even the Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender? forum, you'd probably get a direct response. Nice to see someone online with such good manners, BTW. :-)
    Post edited by leroysquab on
    edited December 1969

Honestly, I'm a long time JoeQuick fan but I haven't fully kept up so there may have been some I missed. I may be remiss here in saying this because I don't know for absolute certainty but it strikes me as considerably more likely that the Nadino mask was actually created by Nadino rather than Joe. That said, I did a quick search through the forums and couldn't find a Wolverine by either though I can tell you with great certainty that Joe had done a Hawkeye set. It has been my experience that Joe has been very open to the community so if you asked him a question through the JoeQuick sketchbook forum or perhaps even the Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender? forum, you'd probably get a direct response. Nice to see someone online with such good manners, BTW. :-)

Here's the link to the Nadino mask on ShareCG. Unless I misunderstood the page profile data correctly it appears to be giving credit for it to Joe.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/51122/browse/11/Poser/M4-Nadino-Mask
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2014

Could this be what you're thinking of? It contains textures/poses to turn Nadino's Mach 1.6 bodysuit and Joe's matching helmet into Wolverine.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/55128/related/11/Poser/UPDATED-Wolverine-Mach-1pt6

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Could this be what you're thinking of? It contains textures/poses to turn Nadino's Mach 1.6 bodysuit and Joe's matching helmet into Wolverine.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/55128/related/11/Poser/UPDATED-Wolverine-Mach-1pt6

Nope. Thinking the same thing as you I tried that one but it only seems to include what is necessary to make the mask yellow. As it says in the description - you need something called the "wolvie fins" to actually shape the mask properly.
    edited February 2014

Honestly, I'm a long time JoeQuick fan but I haven't fully kept up so there may have been some I missed. I may be remiss here in saying this because I don't know for absolute certainty but it strikes me as considerably more likely that the Nadino mask was actually created by Nadino rather than Joe. That said, I did a quick search through the forums and couldn't find a Wolverine by either though I can tell you with great certainty that Joe had done a Hawkeye set. It has been my experience that Joe has been very open to the community so if you asked him a question through the JoeQuick sketchbook forum or perhaps even the Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender? forum, you'd probably get a direct response. Nice to see someone online with such good manners, BTW. :-)

Here's the link to the Nadino mask on ShareCG. Unless I misunderstood the page profile data correctly it appears to be giving credit for it to Joe.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/51122/browse/11/Poser/M4-Nadino-Mask

Thanks for the knowledge, RenderN00b! You are correct. Apparently, Nadino played some role in it's conceptualization which explains how his name got in there. Sadly, the only info I could come up with for Wolvie fins was they appeared @ RPF (www.therpf.com), apparently created by a user calling himself "deathgrey" who has since been banned from that site.

edited February 2014

Well crap. lol

I actually found an old link to what you were needing. It was called Quick Fin Mask, and was indeed by Joe Quick, but as suspected, the sharecg link doesn't work anymore. Found it from an old forum thread on heromorph.com

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Well crap. lol

I actually found an old link to what you were needing. It was called Quick Fin Mask, and was indeed by Joe Quick, but as suspected, the sharecg link doesn't work anymore. Found it from an old forum thread on heromorph.com

Guess today's my day to show how dumb I really am! Being a moderator at Heromorph, I really should have checked there first myself! :lol:

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Well crap. lol

Guess today's my day to show how dumb I really am! Being a moderator at Heromorph, I really should have checked there first myself! :lol:
    Hah, don't worry. The post was from like 4 years ago.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Well crap. lol

Well at least that means I'm not crazy. :lol:
    Now if I only knew where it went or if it's still available somewhere.
    Hard to believe that no one else made such a mask given how popular the character is nowadays.
    edited February 2014

Vaskania said:
    Well crap. lol

Hard to believe that no one else made such a mask given how popular the character is nowadays.

Hmm, in retrospect, I'm sure deathgrey was banned from that site I found after it was revealed he was stealing Joe's work.
    So N00b, here's the thing... I am certain I have decent enough modeling skills to build a Wolvie mask... and I would do it for myself in a heartbeat BUT I'm sure I couldn't do one as accurate to Joe's Nadino Mask as Joe has already done, at least not without copying parts of his mesh. I could still do one without... but I won't for other than personal use... at least not without Joe's blessing. I have far too much respect for him to be stepping on his toes. Personally I have no stake in this game. SO the onus is on you. Contact Joe privately or publicly (I'd already suggested forums) and ask if he'll give you the Wolvie fins and if not, ask him to contact me directly and give me his blessing.

• ServantServant Posts: 758
    edited December 1969

An alternative would be to kitbash the Wing mask from Joe's Golden Age for M4 over at Sharecg. It does a swell Hawkeye look. Modifying the size should do well to simulate Wolvie's mask.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Well crap. lol

Hmm, in retrospect, I'm sure deathgrey was banned from that site I found after it was revealed he was stealing Joe's work.
    So N00b, here's the thing... I am certain I have decent enough modeling skills to build a Wolvie mask... and I would do it for myself in a heartbeat BUT I'm sure I couldn't do one as accurate to Joe's Nadino Mask as Joe has already done, at least not without copying parts of his mesh. I could still do one without... but I won't for other than personal use... at least not without Joe's blessing. I have far too much respect for him to be stepping on his toes. Personally I have no stake in this game. SO the onus is on you. Contact Joe privately or publicly (I'd already suggested forums) and ask if he'll give you the Wolvie fins and if not, ask him to contact me directly and give me his blessing.
    Crazy week! Finally getting back to this.

So I PM'd Joe like you suggested. At least I think I did. I typed up a message, hit send and...I dunno, it's not in my sent box so I don't know if that means it went or not. I know that some forum systems keep messages in limbo until the receiver logs on. Is that maybe what happened here?

edited December 1969

Cool... well, I guess we'll give him a few days to respond and see if it went through. If we don't hear from him, maybe I can try... not that I know Joe well enough to call him a good friend or anything but we have had some brief correspondence a few times in the past.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

At least I think I did. I typed up a message, hit send and...I dunno, it's not in my sent box so I don't know if that means it went or not.

By default this forum software does not keep sent messages...you need to click the box for each one you want to keep.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    At least I think I did. I typed up a message, hit send and...I dunno, it's not in my sent box so I don't know if that means it went or not.

By default this forum software does not keep sent messages...you need to click the box for each one you want to keep.
    Ah that explains it then. Thanks for the clarification.
  • RenderN00b.

Did you ever find the Wolverine mask? I've been looking for one all day.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,700

I had cleaned out my sharecg portfolio because so much of the old stuff was so ugly and sloppy.  

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41619/view/11/Poser/Fin-Mask-for-M4-Mach-2-Free-Bodysuit

• Thanks Joe. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think this one still looks great.