Should we do our own Holiday for Carrara Gifts?

2»

Comments

• has a Furby feel to him, her heart

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited December 2019

Merry Christmas to All

Starry Sky for Carrara - Free

For a limited time

This zip includes a fixed* version of Starry Sky for Medium Scenes as well as a 5,000 ft Sphere mapped with the result of a Starry Sky render. I set the map to embed into the shader of the sphere, so you shouldn't need a separate map. Please let me know if this is not the case.

The sphere is for when we just want a no frills starry background in 360 degrees. We can still scale it, rotate, translate, etc., but it's just a globe surrounding the scene.

Download Starry Sky for Medium Scenes - Free

*Fixed - Since its release, Starry Sky was flawed due to my newbie oversights. I attached lights to the brighter start to light themselves more. I did set them to only affect themselves, but they'd often light the center of the scene with waaay too much light. So I adviced users to delete the problematic lights that really weren't needed from the beginning.  This version removes that.

Also, the original Starry Sky for Carrara included a separate version scaled for Large magnitude scenes (actual scene interface). This does not have that. Maybe another time.

To install, simply extract the contents of the .zip into your My Objects folder to have the three files available in your browser. Otherwise extract to anywhere, and Add that folder to your browser.

I've also included the original User's Manual pdf

Edit - I've always kept the user manuals for my products available as a separate download. If you want just the manual to check it out first, download just the manual here.

With much Love to you all, 

Merry Christmas from Dartanbeck 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thank you, CBird and Dartanbeck.  Much appreciated.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Beanies and Furbies are kind comparisons, Mystarra and Wendy!

Dart, your cool gift sent me off to eBay to price theremins, lol. Can't hurt to look, right?

Thank you All for Your wonderful gifts! heart

Edit - I've always kept the user manuals for my products available as a separate download. If you want just the manual to check it out first, download just the manual here.

LOL, after linking the manual, I recall not looking at it for years. So I opened it up. I had completely forgotten how much time I spent putting together Starry Sky. Even the manual! LOL It's a fun read, I think. Wow, ten-ish years does something to a person!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited December 2019

Thanks for the Gifts !!!

Postcard

CatGarfieldOdie 1 TopazSimplify MC.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Awesome Postcard!!! Thanks!!!

Cute postcard, Bunyip! What you did for the trees and skies is beautiful.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

wow thanks for all the freebies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cbird said:

Cute postcard, Bunyip! What you did for the trees and skies is beautiful.

Thanks !

edited December 2019

In case all your gifts don't fit under the Charlie Brown tree on previous page.

Other than the tinsel, the decorations are replicated on invisible holders on the tree.  For now, just spheres, bulb lights, and fake bulb lights (with aura).  If you have your own decorations, just add them to the replcators.

Tree and decorations free for any use.  Metal shaders for decorations are default.

See attached.

Xmas Tree Freebie Test Render.jpg
    800 x 600 - 50K
    zip
    zip
    Xmas Tree Decorated Freebie.zip
    1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • I should render a Christmas tree forest at this rate yes so many nice Carrara Christmas trees

My sister-in-law gave me a lovely kaftan top I won't wear out until after Christmas but tried on for the camera 

62CE4E56-992E-4109-915F-A806627E7A3D.jpeg
    494 x 696 - 151K

That is Gorgeous, Wendy!

@Diomede Thanks! Very nice!

Charlie Brown's tree smiley
    did this one this arvo 

I have a story to go with the tree. Last week I went to a concert of the Jerry Granelli Trio. Jerry is the last surviving member of the Vince Garabaldi Trio who did the fantastic music for the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Jerry is from Nova Scotia and is almost 80. They do a few concerts each year around Christmas and play the music of the special (typical jazz guys, it's different each night). Jerry is the drummer and is exceptional--one of the best drum solos I've seen in a long time. The evening was kind of magic. He told the story of how the special got made and almost didn't happen. I'd recommend a trip to Canada if he does it again next year :)

• Cbird, no big deal, but it's Vince Guaraldi.

Sorry, I'm a typical jazz guy. devil

Great story, btw.

• Bunyip02 said:

Thanks for the Gifts !!!

Postcard

Exceptional work there Bunyip!

Cbird, no big deal, but it's Vince Guaraldi.

Sorry, I'm a typical jazz guy. devil

Great story, btw.

Good catch! Never trust an iPad, lol

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Linus and Lucy: with the Jerry Granelli Trio

Very cool music video!

Here is a simple cabin exterior I modeled for Challenge 50.  Used hair for a thatched roof.

- you might have to replace some shaders that reference some pic files I have.

- you might need to uncheck (show in 3d view) in the hair modeler or the thatched roof may weigh down resources in the assemble room.

zip
    zip
    Cabin Thatched Roof Diomede.zip
    Bunyip02 said:

Thanks for the Gifts !!!

Postcard

Exceptional work there Bunyip!

Thanks, but credit also to Stezza & Cbird !

Diomede said:

Very cool music video!

Here is a simple cabin exterior I modeled for Challenge 50.  Used hair for a thatched roof.

- you might have to replace some shaders that reference some pic files I have.

- you might need to uncheck (show in 3d view) in the hair modeler or the thatched roof may weigh down resources in the assemble room.

Thanks for the freebies !

Thank you, Diomede. Brilliant use of hair!

Thanks Diomede!!!

edited December 2019

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Before I head out to be festive, I've got one last-minute freebie: Badlands Cave 2 Sphere

Like the Starry Sky sphere above, this is a globe that wraps the scene with a shader. This works nicely for Gamma Correction, which is why I do it this way. This one is a nice 360 degree background of the Badlands Cave 2 environment and, as an added bous I've included my Hero light rig with the Carrara skeleton in place where your character belongs. Should be pretty self-explanatory - or just ask if you've got questions.

I zipped the car file into a zip folder, so the actual Car scene is uncompressed once extracted into your library (or wherever you put it)

EDIT: The scene provided uses the Realistic sky - not as a sky, but for atmospherics. It's using a very light, dark fog (in the fog/godray portion) to help create the illusion of depth. If you'd like more crisp caves, simply set Atmosphere to None in the Scene settings tray.

BLCaveXample.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 206K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Thank you very much.  All the best to you and yours.

Thanks! Gotta fly (in a good way)!

Yeah, have fun. Just open that file and drop your character in, in place of the skeleton. Same light rig I save to each of my characters. which is why the groups and things are named as they are - I change "Character" to the actual name of the character.