M4 Ultimate Military Basic - more textures needed

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, I have the "M4 Ultimate Military Basic" for M4 and all the clothes matches really good to my extreme M4 Characters like my mountain man but I need more different textures for the shirt and the pants like dirty and worn military textures and different jeans textures, new, worn, worn and dirty and maybe with holes and maybe different urban cargo textures for the pants (no military style) so can someone do such a texture set for the:

"M4 Ultimate Military Basic" set by V3Digitimes?

http://www.daz3d.com/m4-ultimate-military-basic

would do it on my own but I have not the time and for sure not the skills :long:

Comments

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

Wow - that set already comes with a huge assortment of textures. Have you considered some shaders such as Fabricator Mach Pack or adding some sort of grunge with a shader or shader mixer? Or try changing the textures in the diffuse; there are lots of free textures out there.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The Fabricator series was made to do stuff like that...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I strongly suggest the Fabricator the MachPack and the Hybrid Grunge shader sets. They do wonders to clothing sets.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I strongly suggest the Fabricator the MachPack and the Hybrid Grunge shader sets. They do wonders to clothing sets.

yeah and I often use hybrid grunge or other things like 1click chest mat and the new textures are in a new folder under roaming and sometimes they get lost and if I have saved a scene with m4 for example and a new skin texture made with hybrid grunge or 1 click chest mat for example and I load the scene new sometimes the textures can`t be found...not a good solution.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    Jaderail said:

yeah and I often use hybrid grunge or other things like 1click chest mat and the new textures are in a new folder under roaming and sometimes they get lost and if I have saved a scene with m4 for example and a new skin texture made with hybrid grunge or 1 click chest mat for example and I load the scene new sometimes the textures can`t be found...not a good solution.

Are others having the same problems with those products? If not, then there's nothing wrong with the solution. Maybe you just need to figure out why you are having those problems.

edited December 1969

I've never had this issue with my shaders. Let me guess what the cause is. If you save files, ANY files, outside the DEFAULT mapped folders that DAZ Studio see's this CAN and will happen. I never save any work in DAZ Studio to ANY folder except my MAIN ,top listed, DAZ Studio content folder. Every item I have ever made, changed or shadered works just fine.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2014

hmm, I do not know why I can`t suggest a texture set for this product and ask if someone will do this without getting a discussion. I can do it on my own, yes, but I have no time and no fun on doing that so...

And I want real textures not just shaders. Textures with seams and all that stuff. Maybe I should ask someone at renderosity.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

I never ONCE said it was not a valid idea. I was trying to help you figure out WHY the shaders you use did what they did. I'll not offer any more ideas as to why they have not worked properly. I thought maybe if they worked you could ALSO find them more useful, I never once said to only use them. I never thought a little bit of help would bother another user. I personally just like the option of having full use of all my content be it texture sets or shaders. I only suggested them as others did because we find them useful because the textures just do not exist as of yet.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    hmm, I do not know why I can`t suggest a texture set for this product and ask if someone will do this without getting a discussion. I can do it on my own, yes, but I have no time and no fun on doing that so...

And I want real textures not just shaders. Textures with seams and all that stuff. Maybe I should ask someone at renderosity.

I think it is a good idea.
    I thought of making Dirt Shaders for ultimate military basic for a while, which will be created to match perfectly to UV maps. (they would have of shaders just the name).
    It's in my "top ten" list of projects, but has not reached the first place yet.
    (BTW I'm the creator of the ultimate military basics).
    My only problem for now is how to make something usable in poser too. Poser is not able to load one set of dirt AND keep the basic other maps settings, which is really annoying. I first have to guess a solution for this problem.