Jessi G2 and DAZ Studio

ArtXtreme101ArtXtreme101 Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey! I was wondering...is Jessi G2 from the Content Paradise website compatible with DAZ Studio??
Thanks!

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

She's in Poser format, so that's a big yes. The only catch is that you'll likely have to rework many of the materials as they won't be compatible with Daz Studio's 3DL render engine since they both use very different shaders. Daz does a serviceable job of porting across the basics like the texture maps and so on, but it will use the Daz Default material and won't include the more advanced shader networks used by Poser.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Partly ...

loading her gives me a load of errors:

Reading JessiG2.obz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5837 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5856 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5875 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5894 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5913 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5932 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5951 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5970 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5989 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    and so on and so forth ...

The built in morphs seem to work nonetheless.

I tried to inject the one or two characters I have for her - they don't work ... probably because they are pmd injections.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,830
    edited December 1969

I thought the G2 figures used the new 9in Poser 8) capsule falloffs which DS doesn't support.

edited December 1969

I posed her and nothing broke ... ;)

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

If the OP is referring to the G2 Jessie complete figure pack sold at CP, this figure will work in P6 and up. The G2 figures have geometry issues that Poser ignores but DAZ Studio does not. This is especially true in the neck area. This seems to be a result of the different heads sharing the same body.

Miki4 is the only stand alone figure sold by SMS that uses the P8 rigging system.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I've gotten Miki 2 to work in DS4.6P without any trouble.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Partly ...

loading her gives me a load of errors:

Reading JessiG2.obz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5837 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5856 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5875 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5894 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5913 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5932 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5951 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5970 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    Warning: Failed to load deltas for morph on line 5989 in .../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessiG2/JessiG2.crz
    and so on and so forth ...

The built in morphs seem to work nonetheless.

I tried to inject the one or two characters I have for her - they don't work ... probably because they are pmd injections.

That ".../runtime/libraries/Character/G2/JessieG2/JessieG2.crz" tells me that the figure was saved in compressed form (most Poser figures ship that way). I'm not sure how well DAZ Studio handles compressed files -- I've never encountered a problem with them, as it's the standard ZIP compression -- but I always turn that off, just in case (in Edit->General Preferences, on the Misc. tab -- clear the 'Use file compression' check box). Hey, it's not paranoia when they really are out to get you!

Oh, and make sure you also clear the 'Use external binary morph targets' check box, as well; with that option turned off, morph targets get saved in the .cr2 file, and not in an external .pmd file.

Then save the figure back to the library (preferably under a different name, so you'll know which is which), and you should be good to go.

edited December 1969

I just loaded her "out of the box" as sold by CP into DS, as ArtXtreme asked about using her in DS.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I just loaded her "out of the box" as sold by CP into DS, as ArtXtreme asked about using her in DS.

I did the same (except I used Jessie from P6, as I don't have JessieG2), and got the same long list of errors that you posted -- I didn't compare the actual line numbers, but..., well, you get the point; basically, the same thing happened to me.

So I took a G2 figure -- SydneyG2, in my case (and have you ever noticed how angry those G2 characters look? Simon, Sydney -- they both look really honked off over something!), and did what I suggested in my previous post: made sure 'Use file compression' and 'Use external binary morph targets' were both turned off, then saved her back into the library under a different name.

That was when something "interesting" happened.

I went into DAZ Studio (I'm running 4.6.2, if it matters), navigated to my 'SydneyG2' directory..., and she wasn't there! Looked in File Explorer, and there were no files by the name I gave them in that directory. Searched the entire runtime: MIA. But when I went back into Poser (Pro 2012), there she was, in the library! I loaded her up (and the file was massive, too -- fifty-megabytes-and-change!), posed her, made her fat, made her anorexic..., and then found that none of Poser's library controls was working: I couldn't add an object to the scene, I couldn't save the one that was already there, I couldn't even scroll the panel!

Something funky is going on.... And it's all Sydney's fault!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Something funky is going on.... And it's all Sydney's fault!

Maybe that's why they look so peeved?