Former Freebie Prop - Stonemason's Sci-Fi Wall

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
edited February 2014 in The Commons

Does anyone recall a freebie prop of Stonemason/Daz3D called Sci-fi Wall or Sci-fi Doors or something like that? It was intended to be another set of Blast Doors or something for Level 19?

Does anyone have a render or promo picture of it?

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,881
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    Does anyone recall a freebie prop of Stonemason/Daz3D called Sci-fi Wall or Sci-fi Doors or something like that? It was intended to be another set of Blast Doors or something for Level 19?

Does anyone have a render or promo picture of it?

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

The level 19 doors are no longer available. They were a part of the freebie archive on the old store.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The level 19 doors are no longer available. They were a part of the freebie archive on the old store.

Correct, i wanted to show someone an image of them as i currently do not have access to my machine.

-MJ

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You mean this?

It's on his site ( www.stefan-morell.com )

033.png
    1280 x 1024 - 1M
    edited December 1969

No thats not it. It was once offered here at Daz. I cant remember the name of it however.

-MJ

edited February 2014

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,172
    edited December 1969

cargo bay doors I think was it's name?..I don't have any pics of it sorry,that's a very old model

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

This one maybe?
    http://fav.me/d5m46qb

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

The light set was called !CargoBayDoors. The prop was called Level_19_BayDoorsP4(P5/PP).

BayDoors.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 285K
    edited December 1969

Yup, Thats it!
    Thanks All.

-MJ

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

If I remember correctly, I believe that I used it in the background of this pic.

SFCEO01_wallpaper.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 477K
    edited December 1969

You did ask for Sci-fi Wall, first.. :-)

edited February 2014

mjc1016 said:
    You did ask for Sci-fi Wall, first.. :-)

You're right... i thought that was the name of it.

But your contribution was very much appreciated in tracking it down.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 1969

It was funny, because I was just at his site the other day looking for heavy cable prop...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I wish that DAZ 3D would reinstate a place for all the old free props. I have on my Drive right now a single folder that holds 90% of them all, if I check my other folders I'm sure I have MOST. I so could send these to DAZ if they wished to support them again.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I wish that DAZ 3D would reinstate a place for all the old free props. I have on my Drive right now a single folder that holds 90% of them all, if I check my other folders I'm sure I have MOST. I so could send these to DAZ if they wished to support them again.

But as executables, people with newer systems (pc and mac) couldnt use them could they?

-MJ

edited February 2014

Jaderail said:

I'm missing two or three...I think. All I know is that I've got almost all of them. Spuggles, the window and guns are probably the most requested/desired ones...but there were a lot of things there that really don't have replacements.

But as executables, people with newer systems (pc and mac) couldnt use them could they?

-MJ

No, the installers would work fine in Windows...but most likely throw an error at the end. On a Mac, they won't work right, if at all.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited February 2014

That would be a drawback but if DAZ wanted to they could convert to ZIP for all. It's just bad that so many collected those items and can not share them is my view. They were what got me hooked on 3D in the first place before I had free money to buy content with.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I thought with the newer Win7/Win8 architecture, old windows executables do not install on these systems. For example, I was told older version of Office would not install, nor work on Win7 or later machines.

-MJ

edited December 1969

There's more to it than the 'exe' won't work...

In the case of Office...it's all the support libraries (dlls) that the old version would choke on/not be able to use...

The installers are basically self-extracting zip files that move files according to a script...pretty much self-contained and not reliant on various system files to work. And for something simple like the installers, there's always the option to run them in compatibility mode. But I last ran some on a Win7 laptop with no problems, except the error at the end which basically is meaningless.

edited December 1969

Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.

-MJ

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It's just bad that so many collected those items and can not share them is my view..

not if you ask me,I haven't paid much attention to my freebies but they are looking a bit tired now,I'll probably retire the bulk of my freebies soon as they are all so old and like the DAZ content I retired recently they are not a good example of what I'm making these days.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2014

Jaderail said:
    It's just bad that so many collected those items and can not share them is my view..

not if you ask me,I haven't paid much attention to my freebies but they are looking a bit tired now,I'll probably retire the bulk of my freebies soon as they are all so old and like the DAZ content I retired recently they are not a good example of what I'm making these days.
    Some can be revamped though to look newer. I saved a new set of mats for your heavy cable made up of a mixture of Parrotdolphin's metal shaders and the default texture maps.

First is the original, second is my redo.

HeavyCable_revamp.png
    600 x 900 - 221K
    HeavyCable_orig.png
    600 x 900 - 195K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

its more than just needing new textures,most would need to be remodeled to make me happy enough to want them to be public,they'd also need new uv's and new textures...and judging by the tearing in that cable they'd need better rigging also

edited December 1969

I would always honor a PA's wishes. Yes your new content is far above the old but to me some of the older items still have life left in them. So please forgive me when (that's not a if) some things I still like, not just yours, pops up in a render from time to time.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

its more than just needing new textures,most would need to be remodeled to make me happy enough to want them to be public,they'd also need new uv's and new textures...and judging by the tearing in that cable they'd need better rigging also

Oh, I'm not disputing that, any of it. I didn't notice the tearing though until you mentioned it.

If you have any plans to possibly redo any of your freebies, please let this cable thing be one of them. lol :P