At least +12 tiered weapons (like Rusty Sword to Excaliber)

It's very difficult to find tiered equipment for some reason. I can see a lot of games devs (including myself) buying tiered items for their games so there's an opportunity here. Looking for swords, shields, staves, bows, wands in +12 tiers from crappy equipment to godly gear.

Comments

• Oh, I forgot Daggers :P
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

It's an intriguing thought. I've definitely thought that there's a market for game-oriented/inspired content.

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165

Ive had the thought before. They might be easy enough props to model. However, the problem lies in stylization. Is it for vikings, pirates, knights, ninjas, real, anime, etc etc etc. What does Level mean, size, shape, color, effects, human technology development? Most people I think would be upset if they had the same models for weapon progression across different games.

Remakeing stuff already in games or movies is pretty much just copying (inspired but unimaginative) and you can see them around. These usually look wrong (uncanny valley, chinese knockoffs) because you have to tweak it somehow to avoid copywrights. 

• rotaerczrotaercz Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    Hey, thanks for the interest! Would love something like Dark Souls or something along those lines. For example, in the game Dark Souls 3 you start off with a less effective sword and you can gradually get better and better swords/weapons. Here's an example: https://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Straight+Swords And here's a link of all the weapons types in DS3: https://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons A lot of games have weapons tiered in this sort of fashion but the model swords on Daz are usually a single beautiful set of weapons. Usually that would be something you may have late or near the end of the game but isn't very useful for game development. In general I'm hoping for different swords in different conditions. Imagine an adventurer picking up better weapons along their journey. So during the beginning it would be some random rusty sword and as they progressed they'd pick up better gear. Basically different sword designs but in varying conditions that can be considered to be worst to best. Hope to see some awesome sets!
    Post edited by rotaercz on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 542

You can use a lot of the older content and add rust shaders to them for basic swords, daggers, and staves.

A peasant's dagger vs one belonging to a noble would be vastly different in looks, design, steel quality etc. However even the exact same blade can look very different depending on the shader you use on them.

swords example.jpg
    1161 x 881 - 193K