Editing 3D props

2»

Comments

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited March 2014

Zawarkal,

The UVS file you sent me did not contain any material data. It only contained the default UV data, but this is my fault. I haven't used this method in so long I forgot to tell you that you need to let the program know what data you want included in the export. I usually check the "include groups", and "include material" boxes to include both those data attributes. You needed to check the include material box for me to see any changes to G2F's default UV data.

So, I did not see, or was able to try with your new material zones. However, I did the work myself from scratch, and it worked as expected. I have a UVS file with individual fingernails if you would like me to send it to you, so you can check out how it works.

Regardless, I couldn't really do anything viable with it. DS's new UV Set import does not transfer the material data, so no changes appear with that selected UV's.

I created a new G2F from the modified OBJ utilizing the Transfer Utility workflow, but that just created a half-ass facsimile, and a lot of work to transfer even the simplest of morphs data. Not at all what you would want any recipient to go through.

Regarding your last post; Did you save as a secondary, new G2F, or did you just save the new asset data overwriting the original?

Either way, you will run into issues. The latter being that you have permanently changed the original figure at it's core data, and now no presets from any vendor will work with it. The former being that you now have a modified G2F that will only take on newly created presets that you create specifically for this version.

I'm not sure creating only a figure preset, and distributing that to others will employ the change at the core data (overwrite material data permanently) that is necessary to work with any new presets (material, shaders) that you want to create and distribute.

I will run a test of this later, and see if this can be done. Otherwise, I can not see a way other than each individual doing all the work for themselves for any custom work such as this. I'm not saying it can't be done, but since I have only just begun to work with the G2 series, so far I haven't seen any evidence that DAZ has included a way for such work to be accomplished yet.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

thanks, I appreciate all your input

I am still playing around

at the very least I am learning something new