SOLVED - Reflections furniture - some items rendering with washed out textures

ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
edited March 2014 in The Commons

Hi all,

There's probably something really obvious I'm overlooking, but this test render I've done of a scene I put together is washing out several of the figures. All the washed out bits seem to be wooden parts of the Reflections Furniture set, although not all items in this set seem to be affected.

I really have no idea how to troubleshoot something like this, so any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

SOLVED: Turns out the ambience in the Materials page needed to be set to zero.

Untitleda.jpg
2000 x 1000 - 527K
Post edited by ShaneWSmith on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2014

My first guess is that these surface have reflection maps applied. Personally I removed these and use real reflections though it will increase render times a lot. But adjusting the reflection settings might help

Post edited by Szark on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210
    edited December 1969

Just a thought: are you in DAZ Studio? And if so, are you using the DS versions rather than the Poser MATs for these?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Just a thought: are you in DAZ Studio? And if so, are you using the DS versions rather than the Poser MATs for these?

To me that looks like the typical overdriven Ambient common with Poser materials used in DS...

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited March 2014

Sorry, should have said before: I'm using Poser Pro 2014.

Is anyone able to load up these items and fire off a quick render to see if they get the same result?

@Szark, I'm not in front of my rendering computer at the moment, but from memory, these surfaces had nothing at all under reflection in the Materials tab, whereas the parts of the render that worked properly did. How do I add reflections to these surfaces?

Edit: SOLVED. Turns out ambience (Materials page) needed to be set to zero (was 0.1454545).

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry no idea about Poser and I haven't yet installed Poser 8 yet on my new rig but I presume you would need to go in to the Material Room and plug in the reflection node.

Ambient would have been my second choice....honest ok not really, not on top of my game at the moment.

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

This has been updated for this issue.