Unable to install Victoria 6 in Poser 2014

fhibbardfhibbard Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A long while ago I purchased Victoria 6 and Michael 5, but, at the time, I had Poser 8 and couldn't install them. I recently purchased and installed Poser 2014. I tried to install V6 and M5, but have had no success.

If anyone knows how to do it I would be grateful.

Frank

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

Do you have the DSON importer? You need that to be able to use them in Poser. I'm not sure if they would even show in Poser if you don't have DSON installed.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited March 2014

fhibbard said:
    A long while ago I purchased Victoria 6 and Michael 5, but, at the time, I had Poser 8 and couldn't install them. I recently purchased and installed Poser 2014. I tried to install V6 and M5, but have had no success.

If anyone knows how to do it I would be grateful.

Frank

First, saying that you "had no success" is way too vague. What does that mean? Will it not install, and if so, what happens if you try? Or do you mean you haven't gotten them to load in Poser after installing? And if this is the case, are you installing manually, or using DIM?

Post edited by TheWheelMan on
  • Hello! I have a similar issue such as this, purchased V6 some time ago and recently updated to Poser 10. I have installed the DSON to my Poser directory and I see the script in Poser. Not sure how to use the script and what it means in regard to using V6. None the less, I've read a number of posts about installing the DSON and installing content from DAZ to another folder and not installing to the Programs x86 folder as it can't write to the folder, found this out the hard way. I've created a separate folder in the root of C called DAZ content for something like it and have installed the Genesis Starter essentials there, but when I go into Poser and try to launch V6 it attempts to do it but comes up with a white box with some kind of script error. I'm writing this at work so I don't have a screen shot. I can attach one later but I thought I would throw this out there to see if this is a common theme for others and the possible solution.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

• I did have my Poser content all sorted then everything disappeared a few weeks ago because of windows 10 ,now I have to reinstall everything I can not even get V4 into Poser any help  is appreciated!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    pcdude40 said:

Hello! I have a similar issue such as this, purchased V6 some time ago and recently updated to Poser 10. I have installed the DSON to my Poser directory and I see the script in Poser. Not sure how to use the script and what it means in regard to using V6. None the less, I've read a number of posts about installing the DSON and installing content from DAZ to another folder and not installing to the Programs x86 folder as it can't write to the folder, found this out the hard way. I've created a separate folder in the root of C called DAZ content for something like it and have installed the Genesis Starter essentials there, but when I go into Poser and try to launch V6 it attempts to do it but comes up with a white box with some kind of script error. I'm writing this at work so I don't have a screen shot. I can attach one later but I thought I would throw this out there to see if this is a common theme for others and the possible solution.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Do you have the Poser service packs installed?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

I did have my Poser content all sorted then everything disappeared a few weeks ago because of windows 10 ,now I have to reinstall everything I can not even get V4 into Poser any help  is appreciated!!

What problem are you having?