Modular Fireplace System

MoonCraft3DMoonCraft3D Posts: 379
edited January 2020 in Product Suggestions

It would be really cool to have a kit full of a variety of odds and ends to mix and match and feature your own fireplace setup.

The kit would be something like...

* Different over mantle/smoke stack shape options (squared, triangular, and rounded)
* Different firebox openings opening shapes (square, rounded, arched, etc)
* Different accents (pillars, ornaments, etc)
* Different surrounds
*Different mantle shapes
*A few materials to mix and match (stone, marble, etc)

A common criticism of Daz content is that you can always tell what it is, because the same models are used over and over. By offering more modular content users who buy the kits are given more freedom to customize and create content without having to deal with building it all themselves.

b8907980399d3fdab6d3608e6279ac54.jpg
672 x 394 - 24K
Post edited by MoonCraft3D on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,847

I use to make modular sets - this is a good idea.
    The main problem you face making modular things is that there is so much more work involved.

• Totte said:

I use to make modular sets - this is a good idea.
    The main problem you face making modular things is that there is so much more work involved.

Without a doubt, there is more work involved. As a result, it should cost more. The end result is a highly customizable kit that will provide long term value by being ever-changing.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

LOL you really need to learn modelling

most of your posts of wants could easily be solved with a basic knowledge of software such as Wings3D, Hexagon, Blender or Carrara which I use

• LOL you really need to learn modelling

most of your posts of wants could easily be solved with a basic knowledge of software such as Wings3D, Hexagon, Blender or Carrara which I use

I am getting into modeling - for me its more the issue of a lack of time. I am a working professional and own 2 companies. I dont have a ton of free time to sink into doing small world-building tasks :(