My Poser Pro 2012 crashes with talk designer

taiuritaiuri Posts: 556
edited December 1969 in The Commons

If I have 4 or more figures from DAZ (Michael 4, Kids 4, etc.) in scene in Poser Pro 2012 and I apply a voice with talk designer, the program crashes and quit.

If I have 3 or less Daz figures, it works normal, but if I have 4 or more it crashes. I tried this solution, but it didn't work:
https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2076/~/solving-weird-issues-with-poser-by-removing-the-preferences

Could someone help me please :(
Thank you!

poser_error.png
1366 x 768 - 800K

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Wild guess, it's a 32bit program and ran out of memory?

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

I would zoom in on the character speaking (so you can see the lip synch head movements blink etc) and make the other characters in your scene invisible (properties or hierarchy editer) during the lip synch recording animation. Then maybe have a group shot from behind the speaker thrown in with eveybody visible along with it.

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

No, it's 64bits and my PC is 64bits too

edited December 1969

I made invisible one of the characters and it didn't work, it keeps crashing when I apply a voice with the talk designer :(

MrPoser said:
    I would zoom in on the character speaking (so you can see the lip synch head movements blink etc) and make the other characters in your scene invisible (properties or hierarchy editer) during the lip synch recording animation. Then maybe have a group shot from behind the speaker thrown in with eveybody visible along with it.
    edited December 1969

So, someone knows a good trick I can apply to solve this trouble? :(

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Maybe ... if you put the DVD (containing the poser setup exe.) And perform a reinstallation of the software ... without deleting the software that is already installed ... just to fix ...

edited December 1969

Well...that'd be my last option, I'm planning unistall and reinstall it again, but it would be better if there's a better solution before unistalling. Anyway thank you for the advise! ;)

Maybe ... if you put the DVD (containing the poser setup exe.) And perform a reinstallation of the software ... without deleting the software that is already installed ... just to fix ...
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    Well...that'd be my last option, I'm planning unistall and reinstall it again, but it would be better if there's a better solution before unistalling. Anyway thank you for the advise! ;)

No need to uninstall not just insert the dvd / flash drive, and install without uninstalling the current
    only to fix

you just choose one of the options from the image below:

imagem_do_poser.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 100K
    edited December 1969

and which of the 3 options must I choose in order it can fix it?

taiuri said:

No need to uninstall not just insert the dvd / flash drive, and install without uninstalling the current
    only to fix

edited December 1969

taiuri said:

taiuri said:

only to fix

the choice is already marked in the image please zoom the image.
    this will keep your plugins / script / and libraries intact.
    when you start the installation, the setup will say that poser pro already exists, I would like to install this anyway?
    set "yes" ...
    at least that's what always worked for me when the poser chrash

edited December 1969

Ok! Let me try it.

taiuri said:

taiuri said:

only to fix

when you start the installation, the setup will say that poser pro already exists, I would like to install this anyway?
    set "yes" ...
    edited December 1969

No, it didn't work either, it keep crashing! :(

taiuri said:

taiuri said:

only to fix

set "yes" ...
    edited December 1969

In his picture says M5 ...
    You must update the poser (SR3.1 or SR3.2)?
    Because without these updates, M4, Kids4 ... still works ... But genesis, M5 does not work, poser will crash

poser_error.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 225K
    edited December 1969

No, it was Michael 4 too, I had 2 Michaels 4 in the scene, but Poser renames the second one as Michael 5, but it was Michael 4

Because without these updates, M4, Kids4 ... still works ... But genesis, M5 does not work, poser will crash
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    No, it was Michael 4 too, I had 2 Michaels 4 in the scene, but Poser renames the second one as Michael 5, but it was Michael 4

Amazing that, I'm sorry about your problem ... Anyway, I would check the update?
    make sure you have the latest for PP2012
    sr3.2
    edited December 1969

I have the sr3.1, but now I'm worst that the begining, because reinstalling the program caused me I have problems with the genesis figures (which I had installed without problems) Anyway I decided once I finish my project I'll get the poser 2014, I hope I don't problems with that, I really hope so!

taiuri said:

Amazing that, I'm sorry about your problem ... Anyway, I would check the update?
    sr3.2
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    I have the sr3.1, but now I'm worst that the begining, because reinstalling the program caused me I have problems with the genesis figures (which I had installed without problems) Anyway I decided once I finish my project I'll get the poser 2014, I hope I don't problems with that, I really hope so!

taiuri said:

sr3.2

I did not understand ... your reinstall the backup mode, impaired genesis ...?
    So ... you have the zip of the update RS3.1?
    the installation of sr3.1 makes genesis back to work normally ...
    But you could download the last update SR3.2 ...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    No, it's 64bits and my PC is 64bits too

y'r right ... okay ... [memory lapse, it happens ...]

edited December 1969

have you managed to solve your problem?

edited December 1969

First I want to restore genesis figures, I don't know why it loads me the simple figures, but not the morphs (Jayden, Jusitn, Josie, etc.) netiher works with the parametrs tab, so, I gave up, maybe I'll have to unistall and install all again, but that'll be once I end my project :(

edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    First I want to restore genesis figures, I don't know why it loads me the simple figures, but not the morphs (Jayden, Jusitn, Josie, etc.) netiher works with the parametrs tab, so, I gave up, maybe I'll have to unistall and install all again, but that'll be once I end my project :(

You reinstalled SR3.1?
    The DSON back to work, when you reinstall the update again.
    I'm sad that it did not work for you.
    always worked for me, this method
    edited December 1969

When I reinstalled the poser, the genesis figures didn't load in the scene, so I had to reinstall the SR3.1, and could load the figures again, but only the simple figures, the morphs don't be loaded unfortunately! :(

taiuri said:

You reinstalled SR3.1?
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    When I reinstalled the poser, the genesis figures didn't load in the scene, so I had to reinstall the SR3.1, and could load the figures again, but only the simple figures, the morphs don't be loaded unfortunately! :(

taiuri said:

You reinstalled SR3.1?
    even clicking tranferir active morphs?
    ativmorph.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 338K
    edited December 1969

The DSON Suport option doesn't appear un my Scripts menu.

taiuri said:

taiuri said:

You reinstalled SR3.1?

even clicking tranferir active morphs?
    edited December 1969

Hmm,
    only then is he running from the image below
    A window will open then it is only located in:
    C: \ Program Files \ Smith Micro \ Poser Pro 2012 \ Runtime \ Python \ addons \ dson
    then clicking on the script: _init_.py
    this will run it

dason2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 242K
    edited December 1969

I don't have the DSON folder, but I have the _ini_.py inside the only folder I have PhytonSell. I mean: C: \ Program Files \ Smith Micro \ Poser Pro 2012 \ Runtime \ Python \ addons \ PhytonShell \ _ini_.py. Is it the file?

Hmm,
    C: \ Program Files \ Smith Micro \ Poser Pro 2012 \ Runtime \ Python \ addons \ dson
    this will run it
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    I don't have the DSON folder, but I have the _ini_.py inside the only folder I have PhytonSell. I mean: C: \ Program Files \ Smith Micro \ Poser Pro 2012 \ Runtime \ Python \ addons \ PhytonShell \ _ini_.py. Is it the file?

Hmm,
    this will run it

No
    he is here as in the image:
    if it is not there, just locate the download and install it ...
    dson3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 346K
    edited December 1969

I located it, but neither it worked, I give up, I'll unistall and reintall everything again, once I end my project :(

taiuri said:

Hmm,
    this will run it

No
    he is here as in the image:
    if it is not there, just locate the download and install it ...
    edited December 1969

Amazing ...!
    I can not believe that all this is not working!
    Honestly ... all your poser is mined!
    I'm from Brazil, but I wanted to be your neighbor, then I'd personally to your home and help you personally.
    all the tips I gave you, are the same as always worked for me,
    my files / plugins / poser are never affected.
    sorry for you