Bryce 7 will not draw the screen

first_4277first_4277 Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello,
I am just getting into bryce.
When I tried to install the3 one downloaded from daz 3d, the install went smoothly
However when I loaded the program, I had seen a small blue window with my PC name and IP (and blank values for parameters such as render cycles)

The main screen will not load, the window outloine will draw, but the screen window inside it will not draw at all
I am running windows 8,1 with an nvidia gforce fx650 graphics card.
I have already tried to update visual C++ runtines to find it has already been done.
I have also tried runing the program as an admin.
Any ideas would be very helpful!
--Joshua

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Does your blue window look something like this? (although I don't see "render cycles" on there, so maybe not.) If so, you ran the wrong application. This is Bryce Lightning, a second application included with Bryce to allow other computers to help your main computer complete the render faster.

screenshot,_bryce_lightning.png
    297 x 437 - 247K
  • first_4277first_4277 Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

That's the one! I'll keep hunting for the application, thank yoU! :)

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

If you are on Windows:
    Windows Start menu > All Programs > DAZ 3D > Bryce7 > Bryce 7.1
    which is running (on Windows XP, if you installed it to the default location) "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Bryce.exe". Windows 7 will be a different location, and you could have installed it anywhere I think.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited April 2014

Yes, on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit I have Bryce (and all my 3D applications) installed to C:\3D Applications\ rather than the default C:\Program Files\.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

When you download Bryce to install it ther are 4 files you can download.

Bryce 7.1.0.109.win32.exe which is 253.76 mb is the actual Bryce program file. There are also 2 content files and the Bryce lightning one