Diaper bags

Has anyone ever made diaper bags dor Daz or Poser?  I'm talking about those carry-around bags with some diapers, baby-wipes, a lotion bottle, baby powder, etc in it, rigged so someone could either by carrying it like a purse or bag, with the straps over the shoulder, or placed down onto the ground with the straps hanging and the flaps open, to pull the items out as needed.

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Well, the diapers etc, are already available with a couple of nursery sets, but the bag will require some improvisation, just like in real life for some mothers.   The Mucho Flow bag isn't really what you're looking for, but I think it's the closest you'll find at Daz.  There's no opening or closing or anything, but it includes some morphs and poses.   There's a diaper bag at Sketchup, but it would take some work to make useable in Daz.

It would be nice to have a general purpose bag with an opening flap, that could be retextured as a diaper bag, camera bag, etc.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited May 2020

Actually, another thing that occurred to me awhile after I'd posted this thread:  there don't seem to be diaper-packs, either.  Would be useful to have these in opened and unopened versions, perhaps with a morph to go from one to the other.  Basically the sort of thing you see in the store in the diaper section: various brands of diapers in economy packs and jumbo packs and the like.  Presumably there'd be individual diaper props, in the form like you'd just pulled one of them out of the pack but hadn't unfolded it yet to apply it onto the baby.  I notice that Toon Nursery has something like that not-yet-unfolded-diaper prop in it, but only as a stack of three, placed in multiples on one of the shelves, and it doesn't look like they have single diaper props in this product.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Well I found this one:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/interior/other/baby-bag

And talked with the vendor, it can be open somehow, See attachment.

But it would need to be adjusted for daz3d. I want one too for my own content/work.

Screenshot_3.jpg
    1296 x 765 - 131K
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited May 2020

Well, the diaper bag at Sketchup does have a DAE version in the downloads, but I cannot get that one to import correctly into DS, it arrives with large pieces missing.  Like, most of the bag.  If I import it in Blender 2.8 it also arrives with most of it missing.  I can load it into Mesh Lab and the whole thing arrives, but on trying to save it back out as a new DAE again, Mesh Lab crashes me to desktop.  I can save the bag out from Mesh Lab as other formats, but it then loses all the seperate surfaces, and/or some of the outside parts.  I've found various ways to save it out intact, into other formats and then convert it over into OBJ, but nothing I can do seems to make it keep the separate surfaces.  0o

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

I have no idea what DAE is :(

So i can not even follow your talk there ;(

The one I linked is importable as .obj and can maybe get changed, but I am not able to modify stuff... @Catherine3678ab is good in such things, but I asked the vendor at CGTrader if it would be allowed and he told me that it would not fit to the CGtrader licenses, so... you should/would have to do it by yourself.

Maybe she ca help you out with your product.

• DAE or Collada is a 3D-object save format done in XML.  Daz Studio can import it directly, but its one of those systems that can be done differently internally depending on what program maker is saving out the file.  I vaguely remember reading somewhere that some obscure parts of it are undocumented, but I may be misremembering that.

https://www.khronos.org/collada/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COLLADA

edited August 2020

well... cuz, my English skill is still growing, I would not jump into that and make it more complex for me :D

Post edited by Loony on