Michael 4 and Victoria 4 Errors

donalddavisdonalddavis Posts: 95
edited April 2014 in The Commons

If I load either Victoria 4 or Michael 4 base characters I get the following critical errors.

I googled this and I got very little information that was helpful. Also, I have not changed any of the folders from the default setup.

The "Victoria 4" support folder could not be found.

The "Michael 4" support folder could not be found.

Reinstalling the base characters does not resolve this issue.

I have reimported the meta data and does nothing to resolve the issue.

Post edited by donalddavis on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

Are you using the latest version of daz studio?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2014

aeternali said:
    If I load either Victoria 4 or Michael 4 base characters I get the following critical errors.

I googled this and I got very little information that was helpful. Also, I have not changed any of the folders from the default setup.

The "Victoria 4" support folder could not be found.

The "Michael 4" support folder could not be found.

Reinstalling the base characters does not resolve this issue.

I have reimported the meta data and does nothing to resolve the issue.

What version of Daz Studio are you using.

Are you using a PC or a Mac

Did you install V4 and M4 using DIM, or was it a manual install

Post edited by Chohole on
  • donalddavisdonalddavis Posts: 95
    edited April 2014

4.6 updated to the latest version.

PC

DIM always, I only install manually when I have to. :)

*Also, I uninstalled everything in DIM and reinstalled the Genesis starter, M4 and V4 base characters and it seems to work. I am reinstalling everything in DIM at the moment.

*I also dropped all my poser folders temporarily to remove conflicts.

*I also have Carrara 8.5, Bryce 7.1 and Hexagon but not any version of Poser.

edited April 2014

None of this resolved the issue.

Another day where I cannot create art due to content issues. :(

I am uninstalling everything and starting over. I am debating just not installing anything at all and using another set of products.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Can you post a screen shot of your applications and download tab in DIM? also a content library with Poser format and DAZ Studio format expanded.

edited December 1969

I have over 1000 items, if this still persists after the reinstalls I will post the screenshots. :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited April 2014

...I have been getting errors loading V4 as well. I've also uninstalled (manually first as the original install was done with the .exe installers since I didn't have a stable connection for the DIM to work) then installed with the DIM, uninstalled and reinstalled again however the error persists. What I keep getting are errors finding a JCM and a Morph. I have to manually find them for the figure to load properly. Odd in this only occurs with V4 (and all unimesh characters based on V4) but not M4 (or any M4 Unimesh characters) or K4.

All Gen4 figures/characters were installed to the same runtime path just as they were on my old system, so not sure why this is occurring with just V4. I checked the directory mapping and everything is pointing to where it should. If it was caused by my setup, then all the Gen4 characters should have the same errors when loading.

I am running both Daz 3.1 Advanced and 4.6. On my old system I even had Daz 2.3 installed and there were no issues like this.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

My generation 4 also does not load in Daz 4.6 Pro
    I do not care, because my main use of the Generation 4, is in Poser
    (Generation 3, Genesis1 too, all in poser) ...
    But I also depend on daz studio for things like creating PoserCF file, auto-fiting clothes from previous generations, genesis for ...

edited December 1969

I have my content working. Mostly.

Again, another wasted day due the content management system blowing up.